Digital TV News: Mobile High-Definition Link
IHS Markit Analysis: The Wired Interface Technology Market
Aug 14, 2017 – According to IHS Markit, the number of devices that will have at least one external wired interface port is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 24 percent, from 1.7 billion devices in 2016 to 5.2 billion devices in 2021.
News categories: IHS Markit, Dinesh Kithany, Norman Akhtar, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadcom develops ultra-compact STB platform with 4x4 Wi-Fi
Jan 6, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has introduced the world's first HEVC STB SoCs with integrated MHL 2.0. Broadcom's BCM7250 and BCM72502 chips bring set-top box functionality to compact HDMI stick and streaming media player box formats.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, CES2023, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Mobile Phones with HDMI Ports to Ship in the Millions in 2010
Dec 7, 2010 – For the first time, the number of mobile phones with HDMI ports will ship in excess of a million units in 2010, says In-Stat. Meanwhile, HDMI has become pervasive in the consumer electronics, accounting for over 350 million devices shipping in 2010.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, DVD, Gaming, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Silicon Image Introduces New 4K and 3D H.264 Digital Video Decoder IP Core
Dec 15, 2009 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the newest member of its IP core family, the cineramIC™ 4K and 3D H.264 digital video decoder, for digital TV (DTV), set-top-box (STB) and camcorder SoCs, as well as professional applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, CES2023, Metaverse, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Leading Companies Form Mobile High-Definition Interface Working Group
Sep 28, 2009 – Nokia (NYSE:NOK), Samsung (KSE:005930), Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG), Sony (NYSE:SNE) and Toshiba (TSE:6502) have set up a working group to create an A/V interface standard for connection of mobile and portable devices to HD TVs and displays.
News categories: Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony Corp, Toshiba, Digital TV, Mobile, Portable, Smart TV
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity
- Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
- Global pay TV subscribers to remain at around one billion
- Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
- Streaming dominates UK television landscape
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers