Digital TV News: NAB Show
Viaccess-Orca integrates applications with Google Cloud
Apr 20, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that VO solutions are now integrated with Google Cloud Anthos, a fully managed Kubernetes-based platform that allows users to manage their data and applications in hybrid cloud environments, including on-premises, the public cloud, the private cloud, and multi-cloud.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Google Cloud, Orange, Alain Nochimowski, Jeff Reed, Steve Jarrett, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
ADTH and Tolka debut ATSC 3.0 receivers at NAB Show 2022
Apr 20, 2022 – Atlanta DTH will debut two additions to its product range at the NAB Show. Developed in partnership with Tolka, the products are its new ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver and DGI-NexGen-Solo ultra-compact USB-powered plug-in ATSC 3.0 digital TV receiver.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, Tolka, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
Pearl TV launches RUN3TV hybrid TV platform for NEXTGEN TV
Apr 19, 2022 – Pearl TV has launched its RUN3TV web platform, enabling broadcasters to offer a hybrid TV service to their OTA viewers. RUN3TV was built to support NEXTGEN TV, otherwise known as ATSC 3.0, with integrated support for two-way web interactivity.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, Kerry Oslund, Robert Folliard, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, UX
LTN Global launches automated channel creation in the cloud
Apr 13, 2022 – LTN Global has launched LTN Lift, a cloud-based playout solution for the automated creation of live, linear channels to reach cross-platform audiences, helping broadcasters and media companies widen their reach across OTT and FAST services.
News categories: LTN Global, Malik Khan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G broadcast streaming at NAB
Apr 12, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have partnered to deliver a live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at NAB Show 2022. Pre-recorded content will be encoded and transmitted live over-the-air using a 5G Broadcast signal.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
MediaHub Australia selects Actus Digital for advanced monitoring
Apr 12, 2022 – Actus Digital has announced that MediaHub Australia is deploying its intelligent monitoring platform as part of a new mux-based DTT broadcast headend. Magna Systems and Engineering is providing deployment expertise, local technology, and technical support.
News categories: Actus Digital, MediaHub Australia, Sima Levy, Simon Scott, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Terrestrial
VBox releases ATSC 3.0 Testbed version 2.5
Apr 5, 2022 – VBox Communications has announced the availability of Version 2.5 of its ATSC 3.0 Testbed platform – offering an array of new features and enhanced functionality for the NextGenTV product development community.
News categories: VBox Communications, Jonathan Rind, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Triveni Digital launches ATSC 3.0 StreamScope XM Monitor
Mar 29, 2022 – Triveni Digital has launched StreamScope® XM Monitor. The Monitor performs real-time monitoring of ATSC 3.0 streams and allows broadcasters to create rules-based notifications to pinpoint and troubleshoot NextGen TV service quality issues.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Ralph Bachofen, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Atlanta DTH announces ATSC 3.0 Gateway TV receiver
Feb 22, 2022 – Atlanta DTH has announced the addition of a dual tuner ATSC 3.0 Gateway to its product portfolio. The box allows free-to-air television programs to be viewed on a smart TV receiver. The box has built-in Wi-Fi for viewing on second screen devices.
News categories: Atlanta DTH, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023