Digital TV News: Nagravision
Sagemcom develops IP/DVB-T2 Android TV STB for TIM
Jul 12, 2021 – Sagemcom has launched an IP/DVB-T2 Ultra HD Set-top Box for TIM. The device gives access to TIM entertainment services as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and much more.
News categories: Sagemcom, TIM, Olivier Taravel, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
Sep 22, 2016 – According to The Insight Partners, the global conditional access systems market was estimated to be $2.32 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $5.53 billion by 2025. Internet services are creating a plethora of opportunities for CA systems.
News categories: Insight Partners, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Conditional Access market to reach $4.73 billion by 2022
Jul 7, 2015 – According to a report from Transparency Market Research, the global conditional access systems market was valued at US$ 2,089.3 million in 2014 and is estimated to reach US$ 4,727.3 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 10.3% from 2015 to 2022.
News categories: Transparency Market Research, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Harmonic powers multiscreen service of TV Centro América
Apr 1, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TV Centro América, a TV Globo affiliate based in Cuiabá, Brazil, has deployed an end-to-end contribution, satellite distribution and reception solution from Harmonic to power its new free-to-air multiscreen service.
News categories: Harmonic, TV Centro América, SDB Comercial, Alvaro Martin, Luis Botelho, Sidnei Brito, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, TV Everywhere
Conditional access market set to decline
Aug 19, 2014 – The global market for conditional access (CA) technology used in set-top boxes (STBs) is set to contract as pay-TV services reach saturation, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). Worldwide market revenue for pay-TV STB CA technology will decline to $1.9 billion in 2018.
News categories: IHS Technology, Wajahat Abbassi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ER-Telecom announces new STB from Humax
May 12, 2014 – Russia's ER-Telecom has announced the availability of a new set-top box for its Dom.ru TV service. The box, manufactured by Humax, offers access via mobile as well as video-on-demand and content search.
News categories: ER-Telecom, Humax, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service