Digital TV News: Oregan Networks
Oregan upcycles Megacable STBs with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video services
Jun 14, 2022 – Oregan Networks has announced that the latest release of Zenterio OS at Megacable enables significant UX performance gains, as well as enabling access to premium content apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on the STB installed base.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
Feb 25, 2021 – Oregan Networks has announced the completion of an Android TV development project for Megacable. Oregan took responsibility for firmware integration, certification and quality assurance of the final commercial product.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
Nov 23, 2020 – Oregan Networks and Amlogic have announced a strategic partnership to deliver harmonized software integration and certification processes and enhanced Consumer Experience for pay TV operators.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Amlogic, Mark Perry, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Accedo and Oregan partner on Android TV user experiences
Apr 11, 2020 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a joint solution combining elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV, offering operators faster delivery of a modern Pay TV experience.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets
Oct 8, 2019 – Oregan Networks has announced the acquisition of the Zenterio AB assets, and assimilation of its engineering and delivery teams located in Sweden and Mexico. The purchase boosts Oregan’s ability to scale its multiscreen platform innovation and project delivery capabilities.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Friend MTS watermarking integrated with Oregan's Android TV Operator Tier solution
Apr 5, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced that it has brought premium content security to Android TV by integrating its ASiD subscriber-level watermarking with Oregan Networks’ Android TV Operator Tier solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Oregan Networks, Simon Hanna, Mark Perry, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Oregan begins migration and Android TV STB projects at new telecoms customer
Aug 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has begun a multi-year software and services contract with a telecoms customer to transition legacy STBs to a new multi-screen headend system. In parallel the company will develop a next-generation product based on Android TV.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
May 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has unveiled SparQ: the latest version of its advanced STB client middleware solution which captures the trend towards open source distributed development and cloud-based content delivery platforms.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification
- Bouygues Telecom streams video in Multicast ABR with Broadpeak
- iWedia releases test solution for HbbTV device compliance
- Utomik to bring cloud gaming to VIDAA Smart TVs
- Avid provides Iceland's RÚV with ingest and playout solution
- Global pay TV penetration to fall for the first time in 2024