Digital TV News: Oregan Networks
Oregan upcycles Megacable STBs with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video services
Jun 14, 2022 – Oregan Networks has announced that the latest release of Zenterio OS at Megacable enables significant UX performance gains, as well as enabling access to premium content apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on the STB installed base.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
Feb 25, 2021 – Oregan Networks has announced the completion of an Android TV development project for Megacable. Oregan took responsibility for firmware integration, certification and quality assurance of the final commercial product.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Megacable, Mark Perry, Gerardo Seifert Arriola, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX
Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
Nov 23, 2020 – Oregan Networks and Amlogic have announced a strategic partnership to deliver harmonized software integration and certification processes and enhanced Consumer Experience for pay TV operators.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Amlogic, Mark Perry, James Xie, Android TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Accedo and Oregan partner on Android TV user experiences
Apr 11, 2020 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a joint solution combining elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV, offering operators faster delivery of a modern Pay TV experience.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Oregan Networks acquires Zenterio assets
Oct 8, 2019 – Oregan Networks has announced the acquisition of the Zenterio AB assets, and assimilation of its engineering and delivery teams located in Sweden and Mexico. The purchase boosts Oregan’s ability to scale its multiscreen platform innovation and project delivery capabilities.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, MandA, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden
Accedo's video experience platform combined with Oregan’s middleware
Apr 11, 2019 – Accedo and Oregan Networks have announced a strategic partnership to provide next generation Pay TV solutions to the video industry. The joint solution will combine elements from the Accedo One video experience platform with Oregan’s SparQ middleware for Android TV.
News categories: Accedo, Oregan Networks, Michael Lantz, Mark Perry, Android TV, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Friend MTS watermarking integrated with Oregan's Android TV Operator Tier solution
Apr 5, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced that it has brought premium content security to Android TV by integrating its ASiD subscriber-level watermarking with Oregan Networks’ Android TV Operator Tier solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Oregan Networks, Simon Hanna, Mark Perry, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Oregan begins migration and Android TV STB projects at new telecoms customer
Aug 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has announced that it has begun a multi-year software and services contract with a telecoms customer to transition legacy STBs to a new multi-screen headend system. In parallel the company will develop a next-generation product based on Android TV.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
May 21, 2018 – Oregan Networks has unveiled SparQ: the latest version of its advanced STB client middleware solution which captures the trend towards open source distributed development and cloud-based content delivery platforms.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Mark Perry, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview