Digital TV News: Prime Electronics
PESI updates LNB converter with Entropic Channel Stacking Switch
Aug 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics Inc. have announced the availability of the Prime Low Noise Block (LNB) converter, based on Entropic's EN5520 digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS).
News categories: Entropic, Prime Electronics, Vincent Hung, Al Servati, Brazil, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Sigma Designs reports 1Q FY2015 results
Jun 11, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its first fiscal quarter of FY2015 ended May 3, 2014. Net revenues for the quarter were $36.9 million, down $15.7 million, or 29.8%, from $52.5 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Prime Electronics selects Sigma Designs G.hn chipset for STB
Jun 2, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Prime Electronics and Satellites has selected Sigma Designs' G.hn CG5200 family of chipsets for their newest set top box design.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Prime Electronics, Daniel Hsieh, Nadav Katsir, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
ALi partners with PESI on emerging market STBs
May 6, 2014 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has joined forces with Prime Electronics and Satellitics Inc. to provide various set-top box solutions targeting emerging markets.
News categories: ALi Corp, Prime Electronics, Daniel Hsieh, Tony Chang, Belarus, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Thailand
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Feb 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has reported fourth quarter results. Net revenues for the year ended December 31, 2013 were $259.4 million, a decrease of 19% from the $321.7 million reported for the year ended December 31, 2012.
News categories: Entropic, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Prime, Entropic deploy single-cable LNB solution at Brazilian satellite operator
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics have advanced deployment in Brazil. Prime's LNB with Entropic's technology allows DBS operators to support a single satellite, four tuners, and multiplex terrestrial signals all over a single-cable.
News categories: Prime Electronics, Entropic, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic Communications' Single Wire Direct-Broadcast Satellite Technology Deployed to Brazilian Single-Family Homes
Mar 12, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and PESI (Taipei:6152) have announced that one of the largest telecommunications carriers in Brazil will deliver DBS entertainment to single family homes via Entropic's Channel Stacking Switch single cable wire infrastructure.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Prime Electronics, Brazil, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance created in Taiwan
Nov 6, 2008 – Five cable operators and two set-top box (STB) manufacturers have set up the Digital Innovative Service Industry Alliance (DISIA) to create an operating environment for broadband digital multimedia entertainment services in Taiwan.
News categories: Zinwell, PESI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Taiwan cable MSOs could buy 1 million STBs in 2008
Feb 27, 2008 – Taiwan set-top box (STB) makers such could do well as the five leading Taiwan cable TV multi-system operators (MSOs) purchase up to one million low-end cable STBs in 2008.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product