Digital TV News: Proximus
Proximus selects 3SS to power Pickx TV experiences
Nov 10, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus has selected its 3Ready as the foundation for its next-generation TV Everywhere multi-device Pickx offering, replacing an incumbent solution.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UX
3SS UX management platform integrated with ThinkAnalytics discovery and analytics
Aug 30, 2022 – ThinkAnalytics and 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) have announced that 3Ready Control Center 3.0, 3SS' UX management platform, is now pre-integrated with Think360, ThinkAnalytics’ content discovery and analytics solution.
News categories: 3SS, ThinkAnalytics, Pierre Donath, Samuel Sweet, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2022, UX, Worldwide
Proximus adds 5,000 TV subscribers in 3Q 2021
Oct 29, 2021 – Proximus has released results for the third quarter of 2021. Its number of TV subscribers grew by +5,000 over the period, bringing the total TV base to 1,696,000, a growth of +2.6% from end-September 2020.
News categories: Proximus, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Proximus integrates Prime Video app into latest Android TV box
May 11, 2021 – Proximus and Amazon have joined forces to integrate the Prime Video app on the Proximus decoder. Customers with an Amazon Prime membership and the latest (Android TV) box can now access the Prime Video catalog.
News categories: Proximus, Prime Video, Stefaan Haerick, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Streaming
Proximus Luxembourg selects Verimatrix VCAS
Apr 29, 2021 – Proximus Luxembourg has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS). Verimatrix VCAS arms the company with centralized and scalable rights management for its multi-screen offerings.
News categories: Verimatrix, Proximus, Asaf Ashkenazi, Nuno Lopes, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg
Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
Apr 21, 2021 – Velocix has announced that Proximus has scaled its Pickx video service using Velocix CDN technology. Proximus will more than double its HTTP streaming capacity with Velocix’s carrier-grade CDN software.
News categories: Velocix, Proximus, Anthony Berkeley, Thierry Demoor, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Proximus and Technicolor deliver 'Pickx' decoder based on Android P
Nov 12, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that Proximus has begun deployment of its V7 decoder 'Proximus Pickx'. Technicolor helped integrate a broad range of functionality into the Android TV set-top box.
News categories: Technicolor, Proximus, 3SS, Mercedes Pastor, Thierry Demoor, Android TV, Belgium, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management