Digital TV News: RTÉ
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MnA, UX, Worldwide
Fincons Group and Mediamorph show combined expertise at NAB 2019
Apr 2, 2019 – Fincons Group will be showcasing highlights from its successful partnership with Mediamorph, the leading Content Value Management (CVM) cloud platform powering the largest entertainment companies in the world, at NAB 2019.
News categories: Fincons Group, Mediamorph, Francesco Moretti, Rob Gardos, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
RTÉ plans next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
Aug 17, 2017 – RTÉ has announced plans to develop a next generation RTÉ Player, Ireland’s number one broadcaster VOD service. It is expected that the new service will be launched before the end of the year.
News categories: Fincons Group, RTÉ, Michele Moretti, Aoife Byrne, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UX
FreeWheel Council for Premium Video expands into Europe
Jun 29, 2017 – Following on the success of the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video (FWC) in North America, the FWC announced its European launch, extending its remit to champion the premium video industry on an international level.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Emmanuel Josserand, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe
RTÉ to develop next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
Apr 24, 2017 – RTÉ has announced plans to develop the next generation RTÉ Player, Ireland’s number one broadcaster VOD service. The new service is expected to launch before the end of the year. The lead partner for the delivery of the project is Fincons Group.
News categories: Fincons Group, RTÉ, Michele Moretti, Múirne Laffan, Aoife Byrne, Apps, Digital TV, Ireland, Mobile, OTT
European S-VOD subscribers to reach 50 million by 2020
Jun 29, 2016 – New research from the EBU’s Media Intelligence Service shows that subscription video-on-demand (SVoD) subscribers in Europe grew 56% in just one year between 2014 and 2015, and are expected to reach 50 million homes by 2020.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Number of homes with Freesat remains steady at 1.93 million
May 11, 2016 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has reported a solid start to 2016. The number of homes connected to Freesat by both satellite and broadband is up by 54% year-on-year.
News categories: Freesat, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, UK
Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes
Feb 4, 2016 – Freesat has announced a strong final quarter to 2015, with the addition of 36,000 new homes in the three months to December 2015. After adding 61,000 homes over the course of 2015, Freesat is now available in over 1.93 million households in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
RTÉ and Saorview partner with Freesat
Jan 20, 2016 – RTÉ has partnered with Freesat to develop a new product for Saorview, Ireland’s free digital TV service. The new product, called Saorview Connect, will allow viewers to access a range of on demand content as well as the Saorview television channels.
News categories: Freesat, RTÉ, Alistair Thom, Noel Curran, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform