Digital TV News: Research and Markets
ZEASN debuts WhalePay payment service
Nov 4, 2022 – ZEASN has released a global payment service, WhalePay. Specializing in the smart home market, the real-time payment service tackles the problem of corporate international payments, empowering more enterprises to expand to overseas markets.
News categories: ZEASN, Suriko Wei, Smart Home, Worldwide
Fuji TV selects Harmonic Cloud Playout for OTT delivery
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Fuji TV has deployed a playout solution from Harmonic for its SMART OTT service. Using Harmonic's VOS media processing software, Fuji TV is performing channel playout directly from a public cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Fuji TV, Tony Berthaud, Katsuya Seki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, Streaming
AzuriTV offers solar powered PAYG satellite TV package in Kenya
Dec 5, 2016 – Azuri Technologies and Zuku have launched the first integrated PAYG satellite TV offering for rural off-grid consumers in sub Saharan Africa. AzuriTV combines solar home power, TV, satellite dish and Zuku Smart+ entertainment in one complete package.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Zuku, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Jay Chudasama, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Global Cable Subscribers to Rise to 111.3 Million in 2012
Feb 27, 2009 – IE Market Research is forecasting that global cable subscriptions will reach 111.3 million subscribers in 2012 (CAGR of 8.3%). Global cable subscriber growth was 7.1% in 2008.
News categories: Research and Markets, IE Market Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Market Research
Satellite TV in China: Potential US$4 Billion Receiving Device Market by 2012
Jan 19, 2009 – In China, there are about 200 million households with a TV set but no cable connection. The launch, on June 9, 2008, of the Zhongxing-9 broadcasting satellite should thus generate a huge market for satellite receivers and related chipsets.
News categories: In-Stat, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Auvitek Launches a Highly Integrated GB20600-2006 Compliant DTMB Receiver IC
Oct 13, 2008 – Auvitek has announced the introduction of the AU8822, a highly integrated digital receiver IC solution for the China Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast (DTMB) market. The AU8822 is fully compliant with the GB20600-2006 National Standard.
News categories: Auvitek, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Terrestrial
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV