Digital TV News: Research and Markets
Fuji TV selects Harmonic Cloud Playout for OTT delivery
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ:HLIT) has announced that Fuji TV has deployed a playout solution from Harmonic for its SMART OTT service. Using Harmonic's VOS media processing software, Fuji TV is performing channel playout directly from a public cloud.
News categories: Harmonic, Fuji TV, Tony Berthaud, Katsuya Seki, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, NABShow, Streaming
AzuriTV offers solar powered PAYG satellite TV package in Kenya
Dec 5, 2016 – Azuri Technologies and Zuku have launched the first integrated PAYG satellite TV offering for rural off-grid consumers in sub Saharan Africa. AzuriTV combines solar home power, TV, satellite dish and Zuku Smart+ entertainment in one complete package.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Zuku, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Jay Chudasama, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
Digital cable TV subscribers in China passed 100 million in 2010
May 5, 2011 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of the 'China Digital TV Operation Report, 2010-2011' to their offering. According to the report, the number of cable digital television (DTV) subscribers in China reached 100.44 million in 2010.
News categories: ResearchInChina, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010
Dec 13, 2010 – Research and Markets has announced the addition of Research In China's 'China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Industry Report, 2010' to their offering.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Global Cable Subscribers to Rise to 111.3 Million in 2012
Feb 27, 2009 – IE Market Research is forecasting that global cable subscriptions will reach 111.3 million subscribers in 2012 (CAGR of 8.3%). Global cable subscriber growth was 7.1% in 2008.
News categories: Research and Markets, IE Market Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Market Research
Satellite TV in China: Potential US$4 Billion Receiving Device Market by 2012
Jan 19, 2009 – In China, there are about 200 million households with a TV set but no cable connection. The launch, on June 9, 2008, of the Zhongxing-9 broadcasting satellite should thus generate a huge market for satellite receivers and related chipsets.
News categories: In-Stat, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Auvitek Launches a Highly Integrated GB20600-2006 Compliant DTMB Receiver IC
Oct 13, 2008 – Auvitek has announced the introduction of the AU8822, a highly integrated digital receiver IC solution for the China Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast (DTMB) market. The AU8822 is fully compliant with the GB20600-2006 National Standard.
News categories: Auvitek, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Terrestrial
China is Now the Bastion of Global Digital STB Manufacturing
Jun 5, 2008 – China is now the bastion of global digital STB manufacturing with over 200 STB assembly service providers in 2007. Chinese STB IC makers have only a limited market share and most are focusing on domestically developed Chinese standards.
News categories: Market Intelligence Center, China, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools