Digital TV News: SUPER RTL
HD PLUS and NAGRA partner on Internet TV launch
Jan 8, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS (Paris;LuxX: SESG) have announced the launch of an HD PLUS over-the-top catch-up service of private channels (Mediathek) called HD+ Replay, extending the companies' content protection partnership from satellite to Internet TV.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Satellite, Streaming
HD+ records more than 750,000 paying households for the first time
Oct 31, 2012 – Almost three years after its launch, HD PLUS has reported that the company had more than three quarters of a million paying HD+ households at the end of September. HD+ gained over 127,000 new customers from July to September this year.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
HD+ increases number of paying households to 634,000
Jul 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the number of paying households using the HD+ service offered by its German affiliate HD PLUS reached 634,290 at 30 June 2012, with a record 120,000 new paying households added between April and June.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES: HD+ Reaches More Than 2.6 Million Households
May 10, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD+ platform reached more than 2.6 million households at the end of the first quarter of this year. Nearly three million HD+ receivers have been sold since the launch of HD+ at the end of 2009.
News categories: SES S.A, CAM, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
RTL to broadcast in MPEG-4 in Stuttgart
Feb 11, 2009 – From mid-2009, RTL, VOX, Super RTL and RTL II are expected to begin broadcasting via DVB-T in the Stuttgart region using MPEG-4 compression.
News categories: RTL, Digital TV, Germany, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Television is the media hub device for Web, TV and Communication
Aug 29, 2008 – At IFA 2008 Fraunhofer FOKUS is showcasing how Internet-based content of the RTL Deutschland media group can be adapted for television, integrated with the TV programs of the Group and managed by the remote control.
News categories: Fraunhofer, RTL, Content Distribution, IFABerlin, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
DVB-H now available in all Austrian regional capitals
Aug 8, 2008 – DVB-H has expanded its coverage in Austria to include the greater areas of Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Graz, Linz and St. Pölten. MEDIA BROADCAST has supplied the regions Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt with DVB-H since early June 2008.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, Hutchison 3G, ONE, mobilkom, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028