Digital TV News: Sandvine
Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
Feb 20, 2020 – Sandvine has announced the release of the 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena Report. This edition of the report focuses on mobile consumption trends globally and regionally in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
News categories: Sandvine, Lyn Cantor, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Live TV piracy a multi-billion dollar problem in North America
Nov 1, 2017 – Sandvine has released a report focusing on paid subscription television piracy services. The report reveals that 6.5% of households in North America are accessing pirated live television services each month, an adoption rate that may cost CSPs over $4 billion in revenue this year.
News categories: Sandvine, Lyn Cantor, Content Protection, Digital TV, North America
PeerLogix, Narrative I/O collaborate to provide real-time OTT data
Jun 1, 2017 – PeerLogix (OTC PINK: LOGX) has announced a partnership with Narrative I/O. The partnership will allow buyers in Narrative's marketplace to purchase PeerLogix' OTT engagement data from over 170 million households around the world.
News categories: PeerLogix, Narrative I/O, Ray Colwell, Bryan Everett, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
68.6% of N. American Kodi installations are configured for unlicensed content
May 4, 2017 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released a report on the 'fully-loaded' Kodi ecosystem in North America. The report examines the mechanics and economics of using Kodi to access unlicensed live and on-demand video content.
News categories: Sandvine, Don Bowman, Canada, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
North American homes average seven active connected devices
Aug 24, 2016 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released its latest Global Internet Phenomena Report Spotlight focusing on devices inside the connected home. The report is based on data from a small selection of Sandvine's fixed communications service provider (CSP) customers in North America.
News categories: Sandvine, Don Bowman, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Streaming, USA
Sandvine keeps VMedia's subscribers and their streams safe
Jun 24, 2015 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has announced that VMedia is using Sandvine's Traffic Management and Network Security products to ensure a high quality of experience for their subscribers. VMedia provides TV, internet and phone services to subscribers in Ontario, Canada.
News categories: Sandvine, VMedia, Alexei Tchernobrivets, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.
Nov 20, 2014 – Sandvine (TSX:SVC) has released its latest bi-annual Internet traffic trends report. Netflix continues to dominate North American networks, accounting for 34.9% of downstream traffic in the peak evening hours.
News categories: Sandvine, Dave Caputo, Market Research, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
Quickflix 'smart channel' delivers Hollywood on demand in Australia
Oct 27, 2011 – A movie streaming service, from Australian online movie rental subscription company Quickflix (ASX: QFX), will launch through Sony's range of connected BRAVIA TVs, Blu-ray players and home theatre systems from 27 October 2011.
News categories: Quickflix, Australia, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV