Digital TV News: Seiki
Alexa coming to third-party Smart TVs powered by LG webOS
Jul 14, 2021 – LG has announced that Amazon Alexa is coming to third-party TVs powered by its webOS platform. The feature will be activated OTA starting in Q3 in North America, followed by other regions including Europe and Asia.
News categories: LG Electronics, Jung Sung-hyun, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, North America, Smart Home, Smart TV
CBS TV stations select Alphonso for Local TV attribution
Jul 20, 2020 – Alphonso has announced that CBS Television Stations has selected Alphonso Local to provide TV attribution for local advertisers in all 17 of its owned stations across the US.
News categories: Alphonso, CBS, Ashish Chordia, Julio Marenghi, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
Jul 1, 2020 – Alphonso has signed-up two more smart TV providers, Seiki and Skyworth, to embed Alphonso Video AI in their TVs. The company is also working with CBS and Cox Media to provide attribution to local advertisers in the U.S.
News categories: Alphonso, Seiki, Skyworth, Ashish Chordia, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
Seiki, Westinghouse and Element Electronics introduce Amazon Fire Smart TVs
Jan 3, 2017 – Seiki, Westinghouse Electronics and Element Electronics have announced at CES 2017 a line of 4K Ultra HD Smart TVs – Amazon Fire TV Edition, featuring the Amazon Fire TV experience and support for a voice remote with Amazon Alexa.
News categories: Seiki, Amazon, Element Electronics, Westinghouse, Sung Choi, Marc Whitten, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Seiki first to deliver Freeview Connect to the U.K.
Jan 4, 2015 – Seiki has announced that it will be the first major TV brand to introduce HD TV models in the U.K. featuring the Freeview Connect TV service. Freeview Connect combines Freeview TV with streaming media channels.
News categories: Seiki, Mickey Cho, Apps, CES2022, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV