Digital TV News: Sharp
U.S. TV viewing remained high in December
Jan 19, 2023 – Nielsen's December 2022 snapshot of TV and streaming consumption in the U.S. has revealed that TV viewing remained high in December, continuing momentum from November when time spent watching television soared 7.8% from the prior month.
News categories: Nielsen, Broadcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Shipments of TV panels projected to drop 2.8% YoY in 2023
Jan 11, 2023 – The recent decline of the global economy has significantly dampened the outlook for sales of TVs. As a result, TrendForce expects shipments of TV panels to fall by 2.8% YoY to a total of 264 million units for 2023.
News categories: TrendForce, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sharp to offer six TV models equipped with Roku OS in the U.S.
Jan 5, 2023 – Sharp will release three models of its flagship AQUOS XLED 4K TV in U.S. in spring of 2023. At the same time, it will introduce to the U.S. market six other TV models all equipped with the Roku smart TV OS.
News categories: Sharp Corp, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA
Foxxum reveals first partners for Foxxum OS 4
Jan 4, 2023 – Foxxum has announced that El Araby, Grupo Kayve, TCL MOKA, Konka and Punktal are the first to integrate its Foxxum OS 4 on their smart TV devices. Foxxum will demonstrate OS 4 at CES 2023 in Las Vegas.
News categories: Foxxum, Ronny Lutzi, CES2023, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Middle-East, RDK, Smart TV, TV OS, Uruguay
LG unveils 2023 Smart TV lineup at CES
Jan 3, 2023 – LG is introducing a refreshed, more personalized user experience in 2023. New 'Quick Cards' offer users easy access to the content and services. LG's more advanced webOS makes it easy with personalized recommendations.
News categories: LG Electronics, CES2023, Digital TV, Smart TV, TV OS, USA, UX
Global TV shipments in 2022 to drop by 3.9% YoY
Dec 21, 2022 – TrendForce estimates that global TV shipments in 2H22 will reach 109 million units, a YoY decline of 2.7%. For the whole of 2022 shipments are projected to total 202 million units, down 3.9% YoY.
News categories: TrendForce, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Lumine Group acquires Wiztivi from SFR
Dec 13, 2022 – Lumine Group (TSX:CSU) has announced that it has completed the carve-out acquisition of Wiztivi from SFR. Wiztivi will operate as an autonomous business unit within Lumine.
News categories: Wiztivi, Lumine Group, David Sharpley, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
NextGen TV launches in Albuquerque-Santa Fe
Dec 13, 2022 – Television stations serving the Albuquerque-Santa Fe market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KOAT-TV (ABC), KRQE (CBS and Fox), KWBQ (CW) and KASY-TV (MyNet).
News categories: Bitpath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
Dec 6, 2022 – Television stations serving the Champaign & Springfield-Decatur markets have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WICS and WICD, WCIA (CBS), WRSP-TV and WCCU (Fox), WAND (NBC), WBUI (CW) and WCIX (MyNet).
News categories: Bitpath, Dale Woods, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Proximus adds personalized suggestions from Netflix to Pickx
- Ateme services available in AWS Marketplace
- BADR-6 satellite at 26°E out of action
- Tolka software to power first certified NEXTGEN TV upgrade accessory
- SeaChange powers 'VIDAA Free' ad-supported video streaming hub
- Kudelski Digital TV segment sales lower-than-expected in Q4 2022
- Streaming TV platform Atmosphere receives funding at $1bn valuation
- CTV and gaming to generate annual digital ad spend of £4bn in the UK by 2026
- Roku and DoorDash partner to offer on-demand delivery from the TV
- Magnite announces next generation CTV and OTT monetization platform
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment