Digital TV News: Sharp
Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
Sep 28, 2022 – Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) has announced upgrades to its Fire TV family, including the next generation Fire TV Cube streaming media player, and Alexa Voice Remote Pro, a premium remote with Remote Finder and customizable buttons.
News categories: Amazon, Daniel Rausch, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
Sep 27, 2022 – Television stations serving the Roanoke-Lynchburg market, including WSET-TV, WDBJ, WWCW, WSLS and WZBJ, have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. BitPath led the planning process and coordinated efforts across the stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
Sep 19, 2022 – A combination of tailwinds has tripled the share of large-sized panel TVs (40" and above) to over 40% in the past five years. The share should cross the 50% mark by fiscal 2027, a CRISIL Research estimate indicates.
News categories: CRISIL Research, Pushan Sharma, Elizabeth Master, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Ukrainian brand KIVI introduces Smart TV lineup
Sep 6, 2022 – KIVI introduced its new Smart TV product line at IFA Berlin. The series includes models from 24" to 65" with different resolutions in a frameless design. The design is a result of work done by KIVI's own R&D center and three international design offices.
News categories: KIVI, Android TV, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Hungary, IFABerlin, Poland, Romania, Smart TV
Foxxum OS 4 to launch with El Araby Group
Sep 1, 2022 – Foxxum has acquired El Araby Group as the lead customer in Egypt, the Middle East, and Africa for its operating system for Connected TVs. El Araby will launch Foxxum OS 4 on its CTV devices, profiting from the OS's revenue share model.
News categories: Foxxum, El Araby Group, Amlogic, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, Semiconductor, Smart TV, TV OS
Hisense lineup of NEXTGEN TVs comes to U.S. retail
Aug 23, 2022 – Pearl TV has announced that NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense, U7H and U8H, are now available at retail in the US. Hisense joins other manufacturers - Sony, Samsung and LG - that already have more than 70 models in stores.
News categories: Pearl TV, Hisense, Anne Schelle, David Gold, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
MediaTek launches Pentonic 700 chipset for 120Hz 4K Smart TVs
Aug 18, 2022 – MediaTek has announced its Pentonic 700, a smart TV SoC that integrates AI-powered picture quality enhancements, support for Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, 4K120 MEMC and TCON, and gaming optimizations.
News categories: MediaTek, Alex Chen, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku introduces three more Roku TV partners in Mexico
Aug 18, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the arrival of new Roku TV brands in Mexico, from Aiwa, Daewoo, and Sansui. This builds on the Roku TV offering currently available in the country.
News categories: Roku, Arthur Van Rest, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, TV OS
BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
Aug 4, 2022 – BARB has released data from its UK Establishment Survey for Q2 2022, showing a decline in the number of UK households with access to SVOD services. In Q2 2022, 19.19 million UK homes had access, a decrease of 382k from 19.57 million in Q1 2022.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity