Digital TV News: Sharp
Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
Sep 7, 2023 – DIAGNAL has supported enhancements to Intigral's entertainment services, working on improving navigation, introducing a kids mode, creating a branded sports section and launching the service in French.
News categories: DIAGNAL, Intigral, Reuben Verghese, Bill Sharp, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming, UX
Vestel TiVo-powered Smart TVs expected for this year's holiday season
Aug 30, 2023 – At IFA 2023, Xperi (NYSE: XPER) will demonstrate its platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to engage their audience, regardless of whether it is through a smart TV or in the car.
News categories: Xperi, IDC, Jon Kirchner, Greg Ireland, Digital TV, IFABerlin, In-Car, Smart TV, TV OS, Worldwide
Sharp to launch smart TVs integrating TiVo's operating system
Aug 9, 2023 – TiVo (NYSE:XPER) and Sharp have announced that Sharp is to launch smart TVs integrated with TiVo's operating system. The first TVs are expected to ship in 2024 starting in Europe.
News categories: Xperi, Sharp Corp, Jon Kirchner, Nick Chen, Digital TV, Europe, IFABerlin, Smart TV, TV OS
NewSpace India partners with Tata Play to commission GSAT-24
Aug 7, 2023 – NewSpace India (NSIL) has collaborated with Tata Play on the launch of its GSAT-24 satellite. The increased bandwidth provided by GSAT-24 will enable Tata Play to carry 50% more DTH channels.
News categories: NewSpace India, Tata Play, Radhakrishnan Durairaj, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
Ofcom publishes latest Media Nations research
Aug 3, 2023 – Ofcom has published research looking at the media habits and preferences of people in the UK. Take-up of SVOD services has stalled with subscriptions plateauing at about 66% of households.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
NextGen TV launched by five local TV stations in Reno, NV
Jul 25, 2023 – Television stations serving the Reno market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes KOLO-TV (ABC), KTVN (CBS), KRXI-TV (Fox), KRNV-DT (NBC), and KNSN-TV (MyNet).
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Weighted average TV panel shipped exceeds 50" for the first time
Jul 24, 2023 – Research from Omdia indicates that, for the first time, the monthly LCD TV display shipment weighted average size has surpassed 50", as panel makers shift to larger sizes.
News categories: Omdia, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
India Entertainment & Media industry to grow at 9.48% CAGR to 2027
Jul 17, 2023 – India's Entertainment & Media industry is expected to reach INR 6,828,903Cr (US$82.745bn) by 2027 - an 8.6% CAGR. These figures come from PwC's Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2023-2027.
News categories: PwC, Manpreet Singh Ahuja, Werner Ballhaus, Advertising, Digital TV, Gaming, India, Market Research, Streaming
NextGen TV launched in South Bend, Indiana
Jun 29, 2023 – Television stations serving the South Bend-Elkhart TV market have begun broadcasting with NextGen TV. The launch includes WSBT-TV, WNDU-TV, WSJV, WNI and WHME-TV.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set