Digital TV News: Shenzhen State Micro Technology
httv partners with SMIT over HbbTV
Sep 7, 2011 – httv has announced the integration of its 'httvBOX' turnkey software solution on SMiT's set-top box to offer an advanced and cost effective solution for the hybrid market. httv will be demonstrating the 'httvBOX' at IBC.
News categories: httv, Shenzhen State Micro, HbbTV, IBC2021, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Skylink Ready CAM is ready by SMiT
Jul 25, 2011 – Skylink has approved SMiT's Irdeto (JSE: NPN) Advanced Security Dual Mode CAM for its digital satellite network services. The new product will be launched on the Czech and Slovak markets via local partners on July.
News categories: Shenzhen State Micro, Skylink, Irdeto, CAM, Conditional Access, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
Verimatrix and SMiT Partner on CI+ CAM Hybrid Cardless Security Solutions
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced an extended partnership with Shenzhen State Micro Technology (SMiT) that integrates ViewRight® cardless security with an advanced CI+ CAM design. The solution will be demonstrated at the IP&TV World Forum.
News categories: Verimatrix, Shenzhen State Micro Technology, CAM, Content Protection, Video Exchange
Verimatrix Certifies SMiT CAM with DVB Security
Dec 14, 2010 – Verimatrix has certified the SMiT conditional access module (CAM) for use in VCAS for DVB secured networks targeting broadcast consumer devices and professional receivers.
News categories: Shenzhen State Micro Technology, Verimatrix, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMIT's First Conax CI+ CAM for VOLIA Cable
Nov 2, 2010 – SMiT has initiated supply of their Conax CI+ Chipset Pairing CAM (SECURE PLUS CAM) to VOLIA -- the number one cable operator in Ukraine.
News categories: Shenzhen State Micro Technology, Volia, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Ukraine
SMiT successfully passes Conax CI Plus CAM Certification
Jun 14, 2010 – Shenzhen State Micro Technology (SMiT) has announced that its SMiT CI Plus CAM (SMiT SECURE PLUS CAM) with Conax CAS7 has successfully completed Conax certification.
News categories: Shenzhen State Micro Technology, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, China, Smart TV
SMiT partners with ALi To Penetrate High-End Set-Top Box Market
May 3, 2010 – ALi Corporation (Taipei:3041) has announced that it has partnered with SMiT, a Conditional Access Modules (CAM) manufacturer with leading market share in Europe, to develop CAM cards for high definition (HD) STBs with CI+ functionality.
News categories: ALi Corp, Shenzhen State Micro Tech, ANGA COM, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Kineton and SmarDTV demonstrate OpApp & CAM at 9th HbbTV Symposium
- Irdeto launches CAM-based HbbTV OpApp solution
- South African government provides update on analogue switch-off
- Nielsen to enhance TV measurement with individual commercial metrics
- DVB releases first 8K UHD video delivery specifications
- TV shipments expected to undergo 12.4% YoY decline in 2H 2021
- Megacable selects STB management solution from Axiros
- Orange Belgium in negotiations with Nethys to acquire 75% of VOO SA
- One million Android TV Operator Tier deployments for Mirada
- MediaTek 8K TV SoC first in 7-nanometer at TSMC
- In-person IBC 2021 cancelled
- CommScope selected to provide Foxtel's iQ5 streaming STB
- Vestel migrates Smart TVs to EPG metadata from Simply.TV
- Prime Video now available to Movistar+ customers
- Crackle Plus improves content discoverability with Gracenote
- MediaTek launches Pentonic smart TV family with 8K 120Hz IC
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost around 650,000 subscribers in 3Q 2021
- 24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
- Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
- M3 selects XroadMedia for personalized OTT service in Russia