Digital TV News: SiBEAM
Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM
Apr 14, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire privately-held SiBEAM. SiBEAM is the leading provider of high-speed wireless communication products for uncompressed HD video in CE and PC applications.
News categories: Silicon Image, SiBEAM, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SiBEAM Showcases Growing Ecosystem of 60GHz-Based WirelessHD Products and Reveals Next Generation Solutions at CES 2011
Jan 6, 2011 – SiBEAM will showcase the growing ecosystem of 60GHz-based WirelessHD products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), which begins today. SiBEAM will also demonstrate its third generation WirelessHD technology.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2022, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Wireless HD Video-Enabled Product Shipments to Reach 13 Million by 2014
Jul 27, 2010 – Although slow progress best describes the fate of wireless HD chip vendors in 2010, the five-year outlook is for a robust triple-digit growth rate of wireless HD video-enabled products through 2014 according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
SiBEAM Receives Equity Investment from Best Buy
Jan 5, 2010 – SiBEAM has announced that it has received an equity investment from Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) one of the world's largest retailers of consumer electronics.
News categories: SiBEAM, Best Buy, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Venture Capital
SiBEAM Partners With VIZIO to Develop Wireless Solutions Using The WirelessHD Standard
Jan 4, 2010 – VIZIO has announced that it has chosen to add WirelessHD technology and SiBEAM 60 GHz chipsets, based on the globally available WirelessHD standard, for a new line of LCD HDTVs and wireless HDMI adapters.
News categories: SiBEAM, VIZIO, CES2022, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
SiBEAM Second Generation Chipsets Accelerate WirelessHD Market Adoption
Oct 5, 2009 – SiBEAM has unveiled its second generation 60GHz chipsets based on the WirelessHD® specification at CEATEC Japan. The new chipsets serve to boost and simplify CE manufacturer accessibility and WirelessHD product development.
News categories: SiBEAM, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SiBEAM, Inc. Delivers High-Performance WirelessHD™ Chipsets Into Production and Touts Audio/Video and Data Capabilities
Jan 7, 2009 – SiBEAM has announced that its WirelessHD™ chipsets have entered volume production. SiBEAM has provided samples to customers since the first quarter of 2008 and is now preparing to expand partners' product development activity.
News categories: SiBEAM, CES2022, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Wireless HDTV Vendors Back Their Choices with Cash, but Few Products Are Market-Ready in North America
Dec 12, 2008 – Although consumer electronics vendors continue to line up behind the two proposed standards for wireless high definition television connectivity most retailers shelves have yet to see any products.
News categories: ABI Research, WHDI Special Interest Group, WirelessHD, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion