Digital TV News: Sony Computer Entertainment
Australia's Presto OTT arrives on PlayStation 3 and 4
Dec 10, 2015 – Presto has announced that it has begun streaming to Sony PlayStation 3 and 4 games consoles. The news comes just as Sony kicks off its 20th anniversary of Sony PlayStation. Australian PlayStation 3 and 4 owners can now download a Presto app.
News categories: Presto, Sony Computer Entertainment, Shaun James, Michael Ephraim, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming
PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
Nov 25, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 30.2 million units worldwide. PS4 continues to demonstrate the fastest and strongest growth in PlayStation hardware history.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
PlayStation Vue announces a-la-carte offerings
Jun 16, 2015 – Sony has announced that it will begin offering PS4 and PS3 owners in the U.S. the option to subscribe to individual channels through a-la-carte offerings, beginning with SHOWTIME, FOX Soccer Plus and an exclusive service from Machinima.
News categories: Sony Network Entertainment, Sony Computer Entertainment, Dwayne Benefield, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
PlayStation Vue launches on PS3 and PS4 consoles
Mar 18, 2015 – Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) have announced that PlayStation Vue, their cloud-based TV service, has launched on PlayStation 4 (PS4) and PlayStation 3 (PS3) computer entertainment systems.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Entertainment Network, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, USA
Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
Jan 28, 2015 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) have announced that PlayStation™Network (PSN) will be the premium entertainment service brand which encompasses games, TV, video and music services.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Network Entertainment International, Andrew House, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, Worldwide
Sony unveils PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV Service
Nov 13, 2014 – Sony has unveiled PlayStation Vue. PlayStation Vue leverages the power of the cloud to combine live, on-demand, and catch-up TV content with a user interface that delivers personalization and simplicity.
News categories: PlayStation, Sony Network Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Streaming, Tablet, USA
Hillcrest Labs brings motion, gesture and cursor control to Skyworth smart TVs
Oct 6, 2014 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that Skyworth will use Hillcrest's motion software in a line of Smart TVs. Hillcrest's software will enable motion, gesture and cursor control of content and apps on Skyworth's Android-based TVs.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Skyworth, Chad Lucien, Meng Wang, Android TV, Apps, China, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
PlayStation4 sales surpass 10 million units worldwide
Aug 12, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has announced that the PlayStation®4 (PS4™) computer entertainment system has cumulatively sold through more than 10 million units worldwide as of August 10, 2014.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Andrew House, Gaming, Market Research, Worldwide
Sony introduces PlayStation TV for North America, Europe and PAL regions
Jun 10, 2014 – Sony Computer Entertainment has introduced PlayStation®TV (PS TV), an affordable entertainment system that will enable users to easily enjoy various game content and PlayStation®4 (PS4™) remote play on their TV at home.
News categories: Sony Computer Entertainment, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, North America, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
- More TV programmers tap Beachfront and Canoe to optimize ad revenues
- Accedo powers TVO and TVOkids apps in Canada
- Competition Commission of India approves Zee-SonyLIV merger, with conditions
- TV panel prices break five quarter fall in October
- 3SS and P3 partner for in-car entertainment on Android Automotive OS
- VideoAmp adds second-by-second ad performance measurement
- LG webOS Hub offers more customization for TV makers, more content for viewers
- Almost 2/3s of U.S. video streaming subscribers canceled a service in the last year
- Disney+ and Star+ relaunch on PS5 consoles
- 4Sales partners with ViewersLogic on TV attribution for Channel 4
- Astro Malaysia goes live with Synamedia engagement analytics
- Nielsen enables 'Always On' YouTube ad measurement
- Xperi completes spin-off to become independent public company
- Digicel launches OTT and IPTV services in the Caribbean with mediaClass
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22