Digital TV News: Strategy & Technology
S&T puts Aertel digital teletext on-air in Ireland
Jun 3, 2011 – Strategy & Technology has supplied Irish public broadcaster RTÉ with its MHEG Presenter system for the official launch of Aertel digital teletext on the Saorview free-to-air terrestrial platform.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Terrestrial
MHEG Features As Part Of Asian DVB-T2 Transmission Trial
Feb 28, 2011 – IMPALA has announced that MHEG is forming a key part of the DVB-T2 technology workshop and transmission trial immediately prior to Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Malaysia.
News categories: IMPALA, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, DVB-T2, Malaysia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Terrestrial
S&T adds HbbTV from ACCESS to RedKey™ 2
Aug 10, 2010 – S&T has signed a licensing agreement with ACCESS Systems to re-distribute ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser and associated HbbTV extensions. The agreement enables S&T to offer a complete HbbTV solution suitable for integration with any digital TV receiver.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS CO, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MHEG Community Welcomes RTÉ's Selection Of MHEG For Irish DTT
Aug 4, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has welcomed the news that Ireland's public broadcaster RTÉ has selected MHEG as the interactive middleware for the rollout of its national DTT service.
News categories: IMPALA, RTÉ, Ireland, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ETSI Adds Hybrid TV Interaction Channel In MHEG Middleware Update
May 5, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that ETSI has published the latest version of the market-leading public standard interactive TV middleware as a formal European standard.
News categories: IMPALA, MHEG-5, Middleware
Strategy & Technology launches S&T Player and Mediator for VOD and Catch-up TV
Apr 11, 2010 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) will launch S&T Player and Mediator, for Video on Demand (VoD) and Catch-up TV services, at NAB 2010. The S&T Player is a data-driven VoD application for MHEG-enabled integrated digital TVs (iDTVs) or set-top boxes.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Telenet proves CI Plus with technology from S&T
Mar 3, 2010 – Strategy & Technology has announced that it has successfully completed a CI Plus (CI+) Proof of Concept (PoC) project for Telenet, Belgium's largest cable TV operator.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Telenet, Neotion, Belgium, Cable TV, CAM, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Smart TV
Freeview NZ Adopts MHEG Interaction Channel For Hybrid Services
Feb 25, 2010 – IMPALA, the International MHEG Promotion Alliance, has announced that Freeview NZ has adopted the MHEG Interaction Channel (MHEG-IC) from the D-book 6.1 as part of an upgrade to its MHEG Country Profile that will allow hybrid services to be provided.
News categories: IMPALA, Freeview NZ, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
S&T brings interactive content to Freeview HD with Humax
Feb 22, 2010 – Strategy & Technology (S&T) has announced that its RedKey™ 2 MHEG engine is powering the text and interactive services in the new Humax Freeview HD set-top box.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, Humax, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV