Digital TV News: Synaptics
Synaptics to show Smart Edge AI media streamer solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that at IBC 2019 it will show edge computing demonstrations featuring its Smart Edge AI AudioSmart and VideoSmart SoCs with machine learning AI capabilities that target a new generation of emerging smart home devices.
News categories: Synaptics, Saleel Awsare, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
Synaptics, Skyworth to offer turnkey Android TV streaming for pay TV operators
Sep 9, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) and Skyworth are partnering in the development of a turnkey platform, in hybrid, OTT and IPTV flavors, designed to enable TV service providers to deploy Pay TV services for the rapidly expanding Android TV market.
News categories: Synaptics, Skyworth, Saleel Awsare, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics chosen by SK Broadband for voice-enabled B TV devices
Jan 7, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart and AudioSmart IoT technologies have been selected by SK Broadband for its B TV consumer devices to be launched in 2019.
News categories: Synaptics, SK Broadband, Huibert Verhoeven, Sang Bum Lee, CES, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Korea, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Synaptics and partners launch turnkey Android TV STB solution
Sep 12, 2018 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that with partners it has developed a turnkey platform for the Android TV market. The solution consists of Synaptics’ multimedia processor SoCs and iWedia’s STB software on hardware from Tonly.
News categories: Synaptics, iWedia, Tonly, Huibert Verhoeven, Nikola Teslić, David Huang, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ