Digital TV News: TF1
24i powers launch of Cinessance in North America
Nov 18, 2021 – Aferian has announced that 24i has supported the launch of OTT service Cinessance in the US and Canada on iOS and Android. The service is built on cloud-based infrastructure from 24i, including video backend, apps, and content and app management.
News categories: 24i, Cinessance, Joachim Bergman, Clément Monnet, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, North America, Streaming
Terrestrial broadcast infrastructure revenue stable in Europe
Jun 1, 2021 – Terrestrial broadcast network infrastructure operators in Europe garnered revenues exceeding €2.3 billion for TV and radio transmission in 2020, a stable amount compared to previous years, according to Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
TF1 and M6 enter exclusive merger negotiations
May 17, 2021 – Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues and RTL Group have signed agreements to enter into exclusive negotiations to merge the activities of Groupe TF1 and Groupe M6 and create a major French media group.
News categories: Groupe TF1, Groupe M6, Groupe Bouygues, RTL Group, Gilles Pélisson, Nicolas de Tavernost, Olivier Roussat, Thomas Rabe, Digital TV, France, MandA, Streaming
Global daily TV viewing time up 6 minutes in 2020
Apr 12, 2021 – According to Médiamétrie, TV viewers in 91 countries around the globe spent an average of 2 hours 54 minutes per day watching TV, up 6 minutes on 2019. Even young adults' viewing time increased.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Avril Blondelot, Frédéric Vaulpré, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
DOTSCREEN retains freenet TV HbbTV portal contract
Feb 10, 2021 – Media Broadcast has renewed its contract with DOTSCREEN for the evolution, support and maintenance of the freenet TV HbbTV portal in Germany. DOTSCREEN has maintained the portal for the last four years.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Media Broadcast, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, HbbTV, UX
Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
Oct 22, 2020 – Bedrock, the joint venture formed by Groupe M6 and RTL Group, has announced that its technology is powering Salto, the streaming platform created by Groupe TF1, France Télévisions and Groupe M6.
News categories: Bedrock, Salto, Jonas Engwall, Thomas Follin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Streaming
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, Streaming
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
- Evoca expands to Denver with Altitude Sports
- European Parliament agrees Digital Services Act (DSA) proposal
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 25.1% in 2021
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope