Digital TV News: THEMA
Gracenote dataset quantifies program bingeability, tracks streaming availability
Jun 1, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has introduced Distribution Dynamics and Program Availability Archive, datasets that help content owners and buyers optimize program licensing and acquisition strategies as TV viewership booms.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
THEMA partners with Amagi for worldwide FAST distribution
Feb 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced that THEMA, a leading independent distributor of Pay TV channels to cable, IPTV, DTH operators, has formed a partnership agreement with Amagi to distribute channels across FAST platforms around the globe.
News categories: Amagi, THEMA, Srinivasan Ka, Sylvie Michel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
Nov 30, 2021 – Digi Communications has concluded a sale and purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of its Hungarian operations by 4iG Plc. 4iG has agreed the purchase of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries Invitel, Digi Infrastruktúra and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Serghei Bulgac, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Satellite
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Virtual reality to become a $51bn market by 2030
Nov 8, 2021 – While VR is set to see significant growth in the next ten years, with GlobalData estimating it will become a $51bn industry by 2030, the technology is still not a 'mainstream success'.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
Sep 21, 2021 – VideoElephant has launched its Channels marketplace, a collection of more than 150 licensable, linear video feeds providing programming experiences for streaming platforms, digital media companies and brands.
News categories: VideoElephant, TCL, Stephen O'Shaughnessy, Feiyang Ding, Rob Dixter, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
AR expected to one day replace smartphones
Sep 6, 2021 – AR is expected to one day replace smartphones, according to GlobalData. The company notes that within the next ten years, AR will be a $152bn industry – a 22-fold growth. AR will be one of the most disruptive technologies of our time.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Elisa launches Android TV service with NAGRA, Technicolor, Tech4home and 3SS
Aug 17, 2021 – NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h and 3SS have announced that Elisa has gone live with its Elisa Elamus service. The multiscreen offering, based on Android TV Operator Tier, is available via DVB-C, DVB-T, IPTV and on OTT platforms.
News categories: 3SS, NAGRA, Technicolor, t4h, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thierry Legrand, Mounir Toutah, Graça Candido, Andrus Hiiepuu, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming, UX
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution