Digital TV News: THEMA
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
THEMA chooses OKAST to launch ‘My Bouquet Africain’ in Europe
Nov 7, 2022 – THEMA has tapped OKAST for the distribution of its African content offering, under the name 'My Bouquet Africain'. My Bouquet Africain is targeted at the French-speaking sub-Saharian African audience in Europe.
News categories: OKAST, THEMA, Cédric Monnier, Timothée Vidal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Streaming
Paramount+ to debut on Virgin TV in 2023
Nov 2, 2022 – Paramount+ will debut on Virgin TV in 2023. Full app integration on Virgin's set-top boxes will offer customers the opportunity to access exclusive originals, films, and TV series from Paramount's brands and production studio.
News categories: Paramount, Virgin Media, Sarah Rose, David Bouchier, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UK
Gracenote dataset quantifies program bingeability, tracks streaming availability
Jun 1, 2022 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has introduced Distribution Dynamics and Program Availability Archive, datasets that help content owners and buyers optimize program licensing and acquisition strategies as TV viewership booms.
News categories: Gracenote, Simon Adams, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
THEMA partners with Amagi for worldwide FAST distribution
Feb 10, 2022 – Amagi has announced that THEMA, a leading independent distributor of Pay TV channels to cable, IPTV, DTH operators, has formed a partnership agreement with Amagi to distribute channels across FAST platforms around the globe.
News categories: Amagi, THEMA, Srinivasan Ka, Sylvie Michel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Dreamia selects Kaltura to power Panda+ kids' streaming service
Dec 16, 2021 – Kaltura has been selected to deliver a multiscreen streaming service platform for channel producer Dreamia. Kids' OTT service Panda+ is powered by a solution comprising the Kaltura TV Platform with front end and UI provided by Kaltura.
News categories: Kaltura, Dreamia, Nuno Sanches, Susanna Barbato, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, UX
Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
Nov 30, 2021 – Digi Communications has concluded a sale and purchase agreement regarding the acquisition of its Hungarian operations by 4iG Plc. 4iG has agreed the purchase of Digi Hungary and its subsidiaries Invitel, Digi Infrastruktúra and I TV.
News categories: Digi Communications, 4iG, Serghei Bulgac, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, MandA, Satellite
ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
Nov 29, 2021 – ViacomCBS and the NENT Group have announced a partnership for a new Pluto TV service across Sweden, Denmark and Norway in 2022. The service combines ViacomCBS' FAST service with the biggest pan-Nordic AVOD platform Viafree.
News categories: ViacomCBS, NENT Group, Pluto TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Virtual reality to become a $51bn market by 2030
Nov 8, 2021 – While VR is set to see significant growth in the next ten years, with GlobalData estimating it will become a $51bn industry by 2030, the technology is still not a 'mainstream success'.
News categories: GlobalData, Rupantar Guha, Digital TV, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December