Digital TV News: TVB
Astro adds WeTV to its Ultra Box
May 23, 2023 – Astro has added WeTV, a streaming service from Tencent, to its Ultra Box. Astro customers can access the entertainment content by adding WeTV VIP to their Astro subscription.
News categories: Astro, WeTV, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
Mar 23, 2023 – Astro has added ZEE5 and Viu to its Ultra and Ulti Boxes, bringing in more global entertainment to customers' homes and devices, and expanding the number of streaming apps on the platform to ten.
News categories: Astro, ZEE5, Viu, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Viu app comes to Astro's Ultra Box
Mar 10, 2023 – Astro has expanded its streaming service, adding the Viu app to its platform. Astro customers can now access Viu on multi-screens, including on its Ultra Box.
News categories: Astro, Viu, Agnes Rozario, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
Jan 19, 2023 – The Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement (CIMM), the 4A's and the TVB have launched a study focused on developing an action plan for supporting the evolution of local TV measurement in the U.S. market.
News categories: CIMM, 4A's, TVB, Sequent Partners, Jon Watts, Ashwini Karandikar, Hadassa Gerber, Betsy Rella, Keith Kazerman, Patti Cohen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Astro Ulti Box gains four more streaming apps
Dec 21, 2022 – Astro has added the iQIYI, TVBAnywhere+, beIN SPORTS CONNECT and BBC Player apps to its Ulti Box so customers can stream more sporting events, Asian entertainment, British programs, local favourites and anime on their TV.
News categories: Astro, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box
MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
Nov 22, 2022 – Witbe (Euronext: FR0013143872 – ALWIT) has announced it will support MyTV Super's media operation center in its effort to deliver the best possible streaming video quality for its myTV SUPER platform to customers in Hong Kong.
News categories: Witbe, MyTV Super, Mathieu Planche, Rex Ching, Digital TV, Hong Kong, QoE, Streaming
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Comscore and TVB announce TV measurement renewal
Mar 16, 2021 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a renewal agreement to provide U.S. local TV trade association, TVB, with audience information including Comscore’s Advanced Automotive Demographics segments.
News categories: Comscore, TVB, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media