Digital TV News: TVB
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Comscore and TVB announce TV measurement renewal
Mar 16, 2021 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a renewal agreement to provide U.S. local TV trade association, TVB, with audience information including Comscore’s Advanced Automotive Demographics segments.
News categories: Comscore, TVB, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
Mar 2, 2021 – OSN is to use TVbeat's TV SaaS Framework services, in a step that will strengthen OSN’s position as a data-driven network and enable it to better address shifting viewership behaviour and trends in the MENA region.
News categories: TVbeat, OSN, Abbas D. Tahzib, Devrim Melek, Big Data, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
Jan 21, 2021 – Sky Media and TVbeat have further expanded their partnership to include TV data verification. Sky Media has appointed TVbeat to ingest, process and harmonise data from various sources across their technology stack.
News categories: TVbeat, Sky Media, Robert Farazin, Martin Leach, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, UK
StarHub TV+ service and set-top box launched
Sep 10, 2020 – StarHub has announced StarHub TV+ is an all-in-one offering giving customers streaming services, apps and TV programmes through a single platform. The service is supported by a new StarHub TV+ Box bsaed on Android TV.
News categories: StarHub, Johan Buse, Android TV, Digital TV, Fibre, Set Top Box, Singapore, TV Everywhere
NLogic and TVbeat bring holistic TV ad management to Canada
Jun 25, 2020 – NLogic has entered into a partnership with TVbeat that will allow NLogic to expand its offerings for the broadcast industry and OTT providers by enabling a complete picture of TV advertising inventory across multiple platforms and data sources.
News categories: NLogic, TVbeat, David Phillips, Abbas Tahzib, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV
U.S. consumers spend more time with TV than all other ad-supported media
Feb 26, 2020 – GfK, in collaboration with TVB, has announced preliminary results from the 2020 Media Comparisons Study. Key findings indicate American consumers spend more time with television than all other ad-supported media platforms.
News categories: TVB, GfK, Steve Lanzano, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
Jun 14, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Television Broadcast Limited (TVB) has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its myTV SUPER OTT platform in Hong Kong. EyeQ encoding optimizes bandwidth for OTT services.
News categories: Harmonic, TVB, Tony Berthaud, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming
- Vodafone Portugal to acquire Nowo
- Eurofins divests Digital Testing business
- Smart Home device growth slows along with global economy, says IDC
- U.S. streamers now only spend 1 in 3 hours using traditional platforms
- ContentBay launches, bringing content licensing into the digital era
- Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
- BIA/Madhive report examines growth in US OTT ad spending
- Roku enabled for four-screen measurement in Nielsen Total Ad Ratings
- Online video advertising to generate three times more revenue than SVOD in 2027
- FreeWheel and Comscore launch Connected TV contextual targeting
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle