Digital TV News: TVDR
Technicolor to provide HD set-top boxes to TV Globo for digital viewing in Brazil
Mar 8, 2010 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TCH) has announced that it has signed a contract with TV Globo in Brazil to provide HD set top boxes, bringing the digital TV Globo signal via C-band satellite to rural areas throughout the country.
News categories: Technicolor, TV Globo, Brazil, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Globo Selects Nagravision For TVDR Rural TV in Brazil
Mar 8, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced that Brazilian TV network Rede Globo has selected Nagravision for its TVDR (Digital Television for Rural Areas) project. The project will replace millions of analogue receivers for HD-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: TVDR, Nagravision, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, MandA, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, USA
Globo and Thomson to develop rural digital TV for Brazil
May 18, 2009 – Brazil's Globo is planning a rural digital TV system, called TVDR, to replace the 15 million satellite dishes that currently receive analogue free-to-air signals in the country. The system will use set-top boxes from Thomson (Paris:18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Thomson, Globo, Brazil, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022
- U.S. TV usage rose again in October
- Samsung expands game streaming to more devices
- 83% of US internet households subscribe to at least one OTT service
- OMG first to integrate with TelevisaUnivision's household data graph
- SABC launches SABC+ streaming service
- VlogBox provides CTV content for Pzaz TV