Digital TV News: Tata Play
NewSpace India partners with Tata Play to commission GSAT-24
Aug 7, 2023 – NewSpace India (NSIL) has collaborated with Tata Play on the launch of its GSAT-24 satellite. The increased bandwidth provided by GSAT-24 will enable Tata Play to carry 50% more DTH channels.
News categories: NewSpace India, Tata Play, Radhakrishnan Durairaj, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Satellite
ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
Feb 1, 2023 – ThinkAnalytics grew aggressively in 2022 with revenue growth of 30% year on year. New customer signings included Bell Canada, BritBox, Crunchyroll, Telus, Sony Pictures, Magyar Telekom, and MBC Group.
News categories: ThinkAnalytics, Eddie Young, Greg Riker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, North America, Results, UX, Worldwide
DTH subscribers down 1.6 million in India in 1Q 2022
Jul 26, 2022 – According to TRAI, the total Pay DTH active subscriber base in India decreased from 68.52 million in December 2021 to 66.92 million in March 2022. There are 12 MSOs & 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of over one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Irdeto and Broadpeak power Tata Play Binge OTT aggregation service
May 30, 2022 – Irdeto has announce that Tata Play has implemented Broadpeak BkS350 Origin Packager pre-integrated with Irdeto Control and Irdeto Media Manager to power their OTT aggregation platform, Tata Play Binge.
News categories: Irdeto, Broadpeak, Tata, Shane McCarthy, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite
- Link Net fixed broadband business to move to XL Axiata
- World Archery partners with Joymo to upgrade Archery+ platform
- 20% of US internet households own a TV antenna, and 12% plan to buy one
- MetaBroadcast partners with Gracenote for Barb contract
- Amdocs research reveals streaming consumer expectations for 2024
- NxTV brings FAST channels to Brazil with Broadpeak
- Rakuten TV VOD now available via Zattoo on 1&1 in Germany
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics