Digital TV News: Telenet
Media Distillery secures €3 million of funding
Jan 7, 2021 – Media Distillery has secured €3 million of funding, mainly from entrepreneurs and executives in the TV and broadcast industry. The funding will be used for international expansion and to extend the platform.
News categories: Media Distillery, Roland Sars, Geert Vos, Big Data, UX, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Eltrona merges with SFR-Coditel in Luxembourg
Feb 25, 2020 – Eltrona has merged with SFR-Coditel, owned by Telenet (Brussels: TNET). Eltrona shareholders now hold 50% +1 share and Telenet 50% -1 of the merged entity. The deal means that Eltrona becomes a cable operator with coverage of the whole of Luxembourg.
News categories: Eltrona, Telenet, SFR-Coditel, Paul Denzle, John Porter, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
Jun 13, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pay audiovisual services in Europe, covering the state of play for the two main segments: linear pay TV and SVOD. The report also analyses the main factors likely to influence their development.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Laura Ene, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Telenet introduces STB with voice control, Netflix and YouTube integration
Apr 25, 2019 – Telenet has begun the rollout of its latest decoder. The main new features are voice remote control, cloud storage of recorded programs, and integration of Netflix and YouTube. The TV box also has a totally revamped 'look and feel'.
News categories: Telenet, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Telenet designs new YUGO bundle entirely around the smartphone
Feb 12, 2019 – Millennials and digital savvies continually switch between screens and platforms for their entertainment. With YUGO, Telenet is focusing on this specific target group with their YUGO app acting as the starting point for the overall TV experience.
News categories: Telenet, Jeroen Bronselaer, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, OTT, Smartphone
The number of cable homes in Europe grew once again in 2017
Nov 7, 2018 – The number of cable homes in Europe once again grew in 2017, reaching 69.2 million and comprising 36.3% of all TV households. This was the largest number of cable homes in Europe since 2009 according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Subscribers
Telenet and Media Distillery partner to improve timeshifted viewing experience
Sep 12, 2018 – Telenet and Media Distillery are announcing at IBC that they are using AI to improve the viewing experience for users of PVRs and replay services. The solution is based on Media Distillery's technology for accurately identifying when programmes actually start.
News categories: Media Distillery, Telenet, Roland Sars, Dimme Pleysier, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC, UX
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Telenet acquires SFR BeLux from Altice
Dec 22, 2016 – Telenet (Brussels: TNET) has entered into an agreement to acquire Coditel Brabant for €400 million from Coditel Holding, a subsidiary of Altice. Coditel Brabant, operating under the SFR brand, provides cable services in Brussels, Wallonia and Luxembourg and mobile telephony in Belgium.
News categories: Telenet, Altice, John Porter, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Luxembourg, MandA
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.