Digital TV News: Tizen
iWedia to debut solution for TV device maintenance and troubleshooting
Sep 13, 2023 – At IBC, iWedia is to debut a solution designed to assess the health of fleets of devices such as set-top boxes and TVs, diagnosing issues before they become large-scale problems.
News categories: iWedia, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Digital TV, IBC2023, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MwareTV partners with THEO Technologies to boost viewer QoE
Sep 11, 2023 – MwareTV has announced a collaboration with THEO Technologies to integrate THEOplayer into its TV platform, delivering top-tier video playback experiences across all platforms to its clients.
News categories: MwareTV, THEO Technologies, Sander Kerstens, Steven Tielemans, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV to show code-free WYSIWYG OTT app creation tool
Sep 4, 2023 – MwareTV has developed App Builder, a WYSIWYG development tool that, by using drag and drop, allows apps to be created without the need to write code or have any app design experience.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
Accedo report highlights energy use of video streaming
Aug 31, 2023 – A study from Accedo has found a high variation of energy consumption between various streaming devices, with TVs being the most efficient. Autoplay content dramatically increases energy consumption.
News categories: Accedo, François Polarczyk, Digital TV, IBC2023, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX, Worldwide
DAZN using Broadpeak multicast ABR technology
Aug 31, 2023 – DAZN is using Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR solution for OTT delivery, enabling the delivery of live sports, with bandwidth savings and an outstanding quality of experience.
News categories: Broadpeak, DAZN, Jacques Le Mancq, Sandeep Tiku, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2023, Streaming
yes selects Synamedia and 3SS for smart TV user experience
Mar 30, 2023 – yes (TASE: BEZQ) is deploying a smart TV UX for its yes+ premium streaming service powered by Synamedia. yes has also released a range of yes+ smart TV apps developed by 3SS, in partnership with Synamedia.
News categories: Synamedia, 3SS, 'yes', Dr. Tzvi Gerstl, Kai-Christian Borchers, Itzhak Elyakim, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming, UX
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
MwareTV to show simple route to TV service launch at MWC 2023
Feb 15, 2023 – At Mobile World Congress 2023, MwareTV will show how easy it is to set up a TV service. The MwareTV proposition is a comprehensive cloud-based content platform, ready for roll out anywhere in the world.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
SkyShowtime completes Europe roll-out with Spain and Andorra launches
Feb 14, 2023 – SkyShowtime will complete its European roll-out in 2023, bringing its offering to the final markets of Spain and Andorra on February 2th. The streaming service will have launched across more than 20 markets in just five months.
News categories: SkyShowtime, Monty Sarhan, Andorra, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set