Digital TV News: Tizen
Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
Jul 21, 2021 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than 665 million homes worldwide had a Smart TV at the end of 2020. This equates to 34% of global households, a figure that is set to rise to 51% by 2026 when ownership will reach 1.1 billion homes.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Edouard Bouffenie, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Jun 22, 2021 – NexStreaming has announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative. NexPlayer is compatible with AWS outputs on devices including Android, iOS, HTML5, Tizen, WebOS, Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch.
News categories: NexStreaming, Amazon Web Services, Carlos Lucas, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
Jun 15, 2021 – Riivi has chosen Norigin Media's OTT Testing as-a-Service to verify and fast-track the certification of its TV apps, including apps for Smart TV platforms such as Samsung Tizen and LG WebOS, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, Riivi, Ajey Anand, Ilan Oliel, Apps, Chile, Digital TV, OTT
ORS launches hybrid Smart TV apps powered by 3SS
May 20, 2021 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Austria’s national broadcasting services provider, ORS, has launched three smart TV apps, designed, engineered and delivered by 3SS, for its new simpliTV service.
News categories: 3SS, ORS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Langsenlehner, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UX
3SS selected by FreeCast for SelectTV multiscreen UX
Apr 13, 2021 – 3SS has announced that FreeCast has selected the 3READY Product Framework for the UX of its aggregated OTT multiscreen service, SelectTV. The deployment further expands 3SS’ growing footprint in the Americas.
News categories: 3SS, FreeCast, Kai-Christian Borchers, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA, UX
30% of UK households now use Samsung's Tizen Smart TV platform
Mar 23, 2021 – Nearly a third of UK households now connect at least one TV to the internet using Samsung’s Tizen smart TV platform, according to Strategy Analytics. Samsung holds a clear lead over platforms operated by Amazon, Sony and LG.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Mercer, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Synamedia unveils suite of data-driven SaaS products for pay TV
Mar 17, 2021 – Synamedia has unveiled Synamedia Go, a modular suite of data-driven SaaS services that provide a way for pay-TV operators and OTT/D2C streaming providers to augment and create value from their technology platforms.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Tizen Smart TV streaming platform scaled new heights in 2020
Mar 16, 2021 – Samsung’s Tizen smart TV streaming platform further extended its lead in 2020 as the number of Tizen devices in use worldwide increased by 21% year-on-year to 162.3 million, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Android TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
3SS set to double reach in 2021
Feb 25, 2021 – 3SS has said that it has eight Android TV projects in progress for operators giving it a deployment pipeline of at least 25 million homes by end-2021. This is more than double 2020's 10 million total.
News categories: 3SS, Kai-Christian Borchers, Pierre Donath, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership
- TCL passes TÜV Rheinland ETSI EN 303 645 test for IoT devices
- OFIVE TV partners with Amagi for distribution to FAST platforms
- Comscore provides audience measurement currency to Spectrum Reach
- Global Smart TV household ownership to exceed 50% by 2026
- Innovid quantifies CTV impact on advertising in the U.S.
- HbbTV releases Targeted Advertising specification for TV sets in STB markets
- TheViewPoint supports OTT monetization at Caracol TV
- Altice USA introduces Optimum and Suddenlink 4K streaming device
- ThinkAnalytics integrates Gracenote Personalized Imagery
- CNN+ streaming service to launch in Q1 2022
- Verimatrix CA chosen for digital TV switchover initiative in Nigeria