Digital TV News: Tizen
24i upgrades Smart TV experience for Israel's KAN
Dec 20, 2022 – 24i has announced that it enabled Israeli Public Broadcaster, KAN, to deploy an upgraded streaming experience on Smart TVs in time for the FIFA World Cup.
News categories: 24i, KAN, Dr. Neale Foster, Tamir Cohen, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Smart TV, Streaming
Accedo supports launch of ITVX in the UK
Dec 16, 2022 – Accedo has worked on the ITVX video service for a number of platforms, including Youview, Freeview, Android TV, Freesat, Roku, Samsung Tizen, Samsung Orsay, and Xbox, as well as for the ITVX website.
News categories: Accedo, ITV, Michael Lantz, Steve Forde, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, UK, UX
3SS provides Smart TV apps for Elisa Estonia
Dec 12, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Elisa has gone live with two new apps that deliver its Elisa Elamus entertainment service on Smart TVs, from Samsung and LG, powered by the 3SS 3Ready product platform.
News categories: 3SS, Elisa, Kai-Christian Borchers, Kertu Popp, Apps, Digital TV, Estonia, Smart TV, Streaming
A1 Bulgaria creates Android TV app for Smart TVs with 3SS
Nov 3, 2022 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that A1 Bulgaria has gone live with an app for viewing A1's Xplore TV on Android TV sets. 3SS has already delivered Xplore TV apps for Samsung Tizen and LG webOS Smart TVs.
News categories: 3SS, A1 Group, Kai-Christian Borchers, Metodi Mladenov, Apps, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart TV
Samsung announces Tizen OS Smart TV licensing partnerships
Oct 10, 2022 – Samsung has announced partnerships with ODM companies such as Atmaca, HKC and Tempo to enable non-Samsung TVs to use Tizen OS. TVs from Bauhn, Linsar, Sunny, Vispera and other brands will be available this year.
News categories: Samsung, Yongjae Kim, Australia, Digital TV, Italy, New Zealand, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, TV OS, UK
CineSend adopts NAGRA security to protect movies delivered through its streaming platforms
Sep 7, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its NexGuard forensic watermarking and detection services have been selected by CineSend, an industry leader in streaming video solutions for high-security media applications.
News categories: NAGRA, CineSend, Ken Gerstein, Colin Carter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
MwareTV launches new App Builder at IBC2022
Sep 5, 2022 – MwareTV will demonstrate at IBC2022 the latest version of its core TV management system (TVMS) including a new App Builder which allows anyone to design a completely tailored and branded experience on any device.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2022, Worldwide
RTL Play streaming service gets new apps from Alteox
May 3, 2022 – Alteox has developed several applications for RTL Luxembourg’s streaming service RTL Play expanding its distribution to new OTT platforms globally. The apps will be available on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV devices as well as on Samsung Tizen and LG Smart TVs.
News categories: Alteox, RTL Luxembourg, Sven Breckler, Sandra Bintz, Apps, Digital TV, Luxembourg, Smart TV, Streaming
Synamedia expands Synamedia Go cloud video suite
Apr 25, 2022 – Synamedia has announced the launch of its complete Synamedia Go cloud video suite. Synamedia Go offers video service providers everything they need to launch a streaming service as well as the ability to customize it to increase value.
News categories: Synamedia, Nick Thexton, Tom Morrod, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming, UX, Worldwide
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022
- Unified TV ad measurement to be launched in Finland
- KPN introduces KPN TV+ streaming service
- ENENSYS releases ATSC 3.0 modulator for digital TV transmitters
- iWedia report reveals drivers behind set-top box OS selection
- Fabric acquires Internet Video Archive (IVA)
- MENA pay TV subscriptions to grow by 2 million over next 6 years
- Prime Video and DAZN sign global distribution partnership
- CIMM, 4A's and TVB looking at action plan for U.S. local TV measurement
- U.S. TV viewing remained high in December