Digital TV News: Trident Micro
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 – While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Sigma Designs Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
May 23, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its first fiscal quarter ended April 28, 2012. Net revenue for the quarter was $40.3 million, down $20.3 million, or 34%, from $60.6 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Selected to Purchase Trident's Digital Television Business
Apr 2, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire certain assets of Trident Microsystems' DTV Business for $21 million in cash plus assumption of specified liabilities upon the closing of the transaction.
News categories: Sigma Designs, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Signs Agreement to Purchase Trident's Digital Television Business
Mar 21, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has signed an asset purchase agreement to serve as the 'stalking horse' bidder to acquire certain assets of Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ:TRID) Digital Television (DTV) Business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Trident Micro, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Entropic Selected to Acquire Trident Set-Top Box Business
Feb 27, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has been selected as the successful bidder to acquire Trident Microsystems' set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) assets for a purchase price of $65 million.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
KAON Android-based SMART TV Certified with Adobe Flash 10.3
Feb 1, 2012 – KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ: 078890) has announced that it will be showcasing its new Trident Microsystems' (NASDAQ:TRID) chipset-based set top box, built on Android 2.3 'Gingerbread' and certified with Adobe Flash 10.3, at CSTB 2012 in Moscow.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
RDA Microelectronics Signs Digital TV IP License and Development Agreement With Trident Microsystems
Jan 4, 2012 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq: RDA) has announced that it has signed an agreement with Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) allowing it to develop, manufacture and sell derivative versions of the Trident SX5 Digital TV SoC platform.
News categories: RDA Micro, Trident Micro, Licensing, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Entropic Communications Files Intent to Purchase Trident Microsystems' Set-Top Box Business Unit
Jan 4, 2012 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has filed an asset purchase agreement as 'stalking horse' bidder to purchase certain assets of Trident Microsystems' (Nasdaq:TRID) set-top box (STB) system on a chip (SoC) business.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Trident Micro, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
- Bell Media unveils new and expanded ad solutions
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028