Digital TV News: Twitch
Americans adopting ad-supported streaming at faster rate than subscription-based services
Jun 14, 2022 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced that AVOD services are seeing adoption at a faster rate than SVOD services, with a 29% increase in U.S. households streaming AVODs in 2022 compared to 2020 vs a 21% increase during the same period for SVODs.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
Jan 16, 2022 – While Netflix remains the undisputed leading streaming platform, with a 21% share of the US subscription video on demand (SVoD) market in 2021, GlobalData notes that the giant is showing signs of slowing.
News categories: GlobalData, Netflix, Francesca Gregory, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Vestel introduces TV remote app for fifty TV brands across Europe
Dec 8, 2021 – Vestel has launched its TV Smart Centre app. The remote control app is designed for Smart TVs from fifty brands, offering more personalised control, as well as access to TV listings, apps, and screen share functions.
News categories: Vestel, Barış Altınkaya, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
Nov 30, 2021 – BARB has upgraded its audience reporting with the introduction of SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement. BARB is now able to measure the reach and total time spent viewing SVOD services through data collected from router meters installed in BARB panel homes.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
Jun 17, 2021 – OTTera has announced the launch of gTV by Ubisoft on Samsung TV Plus in France, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The channel will be powered by white label OTT streaming service OTTera.
News categories: OTTera, Ubisoft, Stephen L. Hodge, Geoffroy Sardin, Austria, Digital TV, France, Gaming, Germany, Smart TV, Streaming, Switzerland
Vestel brings Twitch to Smart TVs across Europe
Feb 23, 2021 – Vestel is set to bring Twitch to more Smart TVs across Europe. With the app, everyone will be able to browse Twitch channels and watch live streams on any Vestel-manufactured Smart TV produced from June 2018 onwards.
News categories: Vestel, Twitch, Barış Altınkaya, Sajjad Rehman, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
Sep 17, 2020 – You.i TV has launched a new generation of its You.i Engine One product, with MediaKind as an initial deployment partner. With You.i Engine One 6.0, MediaKind's customers will be able to offer more engaging user experiences.
News categories: You.i TV, MediaKind, Jason Flick, Allen Broome, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom launches cloud gaming platform
Aug 27, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom (DT) has announced the launch of its cloud gaming platform, MagentaGaming. DT relies on a decentralized EDGE cloud concept to keep the distance to the customer as short as possible.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Claudia Nemat, Michael Hagspihl, Gaming, Germany, Streaming
AWS announces Amazon Interactive Video Service
Jul 15, 2020 – Amazon Web Services(AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced Amazon Interactive Video Service (Amazon IVS), a managed service that makes it easy to set up live, interactive video streams in just a few minutes.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Martin Hess, John Katsavrias, Scott Hurrey, Eric Hsu, Daisuke Mizuta, Luke Hubbard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, USA
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK