Digital TV News: UHD Alliance
Samsung introduces new HDR10+ Adaptive feature
Dec 30, 2020 – Samsung has announced that the HDR10+ Adaptive feature will be supported in Samsung TVs. HDR10+ Adaptive improves the HDR10+ viewing experience in customers’ homes regardless of the lighting conditions.
News categories: Samsung, HDR10+ LLC, Younghun Choi, BA Winston, Michael Aaronson, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
UHD Alliance expands certification to STBs and PCs
Sep 1, 2017 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has announced the completion of the ULTRA HD PREMIUM specifications for additional content delivery devices such as Streaming Media Players, Set-top boxes and Desktop PCs.
News categories: UHD Alliance, Michael Zink, Mike Fidler, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Streaming, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases industry guidelines
Apr 18, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has released the first phase of industry Guidelines on end-to-end workflows for creating and delivering live and pre-recorded UHD content.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC, NABShow
ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo scheme extended to Blu-ray Disc players
Apr 12, 2016 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has expanded the range of products that can bear the ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo with announcement of certification and logo licensing for Ultra HD Blu-ray Players.
News categories: UHD Alliance, Hanno Basse, Blu-ray, Digital TV, USA
UHD Alliance unveils 'ULTRA HD PREMIUM' logo and begins certification
Jan 5, 2016 – The UHD Alliance (UHDA) has unveiled a consumer-facing logo to identify devices, content and services capable of delivering a premium experience to the Ultra HD market. The UHDA also announced the start of licensing of its ULTRA HD PREMIUM logo.
News categories: UHD Alliance, IHS Technology, Hanno Basse, Paul Erickson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Technicolor to collaborate with LG on Ultra HD and HDR
Jan 4, 2016 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced a strategic initiative with LG Electronics to collaborate on delivering new content experiences to the home that meet the new UHD Alliance content and display specifications and push the boundaries of video imaging.
News categories: Technicolor, LG Electronics, Mark Turner, Dr. Nandhu Nandhakumar, CES2022, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform