Digital TV News: UPC TV
Amazon Prime Video app added to UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 29, 2021 – Sunrise UPC has announced that the Amazon Prime Video app is now available on UPC TV in Switzerland. Netflix, Starzplay, YouTube, Sky and Blue TV app are also fully integrated into the UPC TV box.
News categories: UPC TV, Prime Video, Tina Rodriguez, Barry Furlough, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland
STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
Jun 30, 2020 – UPC is the first telecommunications provider in Switzerland to integrate the STARZPLAY streaming service. The service is available on the new UPC TV Box, and can also be viewed on the go via the UPC TV App.
News categories: UPC, Starz, Stefan Fuchs, Superna Kalle, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
UPC TV app now on Apple TV, Android TV and Amazon Fire
Mar 2, 2020 – UPC TV customers in Switzerland can now benefit from more freedom and flexibility – at no extra charge: all users can now enjoy UPC TV content on additional devices such as Apple TV, Android TV or Amazon Fire TV.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
Nov 13, 2019 – Liberty Global has received a notification of termination from Sunrise Communications regarding the amended Share Purchase Agreement concerning UPC Switzerland. The agreement provides for Sunrise to pay a CHF 50 million termination fee.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Switzerland
100,000 now using UPC TV in Switzerland
Apr 4, 2019 – Almost half a year ago, UPC launched its new TV experience. More than 100,000 UPC TV devices have been distributed since then. UPC TV has now also added personal profiles, giving family members a personal TV experience, both on the big screen and on the smartphone.
News categories: UPC, Stefan Fuchs, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Switzerland, UX
UPC Switzerland launches new TV experience
Oct 3, 2018 – UPC is adding the new and unique UPC TV to its HAPPY HOME portfolio. This offers customers an intelligent, simple and user-friendly TV experience with first-class and exclusive content – all for the same price as before.
News categories: UPC, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
UPC unveils On Demand TV for Ireland
May 22, 2012 – UPC (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has unveiled On Demand TV for Ireland. The service offers seven day catch-up TV from the RTÉ Player and 3player and over 1,300 hours of box sets and series for free. Additionally, Movies On-Demand are available at the touch of a button.
News categories: UPC, Cable TV, Fibre, Ireland, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom
- Sappa selects Appear to deliver live TV in Sweden
- Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development