Digital TV News: VOLIA
Datagroup to acquire Volia
Dec 22, 2020 – Datagroup has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire 100% of the Volia group of companies in Ukraine, with the full backing of Horizon Capital's EEGF II fund.
News categories: Volia, Datagroup, Horizon Capital, Anton Dzyubenko, Mykhailo Shelemba, Lenna Koszarny, Cable TV, Digital TV, MandA, Ukraine
Ukraine’s Volia taps ADB for OTT and hybrid OTT/Cable products
Jun 3, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has been selected by Volia, Ukraine’s largest pay-TV provider with nearly two million subscribers, to deliver OTT and hybrid OTT/cable set-top boxes, software, and software integration services.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Gyorgy Zsembery, Peter Balchin, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming, Ukraine
Dune HD and VOLIA enter partnership agreement
Sep 9, 2013 – Dune HD and Ukraine's VOLIA have announced a partnership agreement. As a result of a public tender, Dune HD set-top boxes (STB) have been accepted by VOLIA, with Dune HD chosen as a supplier of Over-the-Top (OTT) STBs for this service provider.
News categories: Dune HD, VOLIA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, Ukraine
Verimatrix Secures VOLIA's Over-the-Top Service
May 29, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that VOLIA, a leading Ukrainian cable operator, has chosen the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV solution to secure over-the-top (OTT) video for its new VOLIA Smart HD service.
News categories: Verimatrix, VOLIA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Ukraine
Volia launches hybrid TV in Ukraine with Entone
Mar 26, 2013 – Entone has announced that Ukrainian cable operator Volia has selected the Entone platform for delivering Hybrid TV services. Technology consulting firm Azdio is serving as overall system integrator on the project.
News categories: Entone, Volia, Azdio, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Volia Selects Minerva Platform to Offer Multiscreen Television Services
Mar 20, 2013 – Minerva Networks has announced that Volia has deployed Minerva iTVFusion for its advanced TV services. The system will enable the Ukrainian operator to offer pay TV services over third-party broadband networks, significantly increasing its service footprint.
News categories: Minerva, Volia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Ukraine
VOLIA selects NEOTION CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules
Apr 5, 2012 – NEOTION has been selected by VOLIA, a major Ukrainian Cable TV Operator to provide CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules. These CI Plus CONAX CSP CAM can easily be directly inserted into the CI Plus interface present on all iDTVs and on CI Plus Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, VOLIA, Cable TV, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Ukraine
SMIT's First Conax CI+ CAM for VOLIA Cable
Nov 2, 2010 – SMiT has initiated supply of their Conax CI+ Chipset Pairing CAM (SECURE PLUS CAM) to VOLIA -- the number one cable operator in Ukraine.
News categories: Shenzhen State Micro Technology, Volia, Conax, Cable TV, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Ukraine
Volia plans IPTV for Ukraine
Nov 25, 2009 – VOLIA, the national Ukrainian telecom provider, has announced that it plans to launch IPTV in the second half of 2010.
News categories: Volia, IPTV, Ukraine
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars