Digital TV News: VR Video
NBCUniversal to produce VR content for YouTube
Apr 30, 2018 – NBCUniversal has teamed up with Google to produce VR content that gives audiences a unique way to experience some of their favorite networks and shows. They’ll be made available on YouTube, and can be viewed on the web or using any mobile phone.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Google, Ron Lamprecht, Amit Singh, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Accedo and Deutsche Telekom debut VR experience for live concerts
Jul 5, 2017 – Accedo has announced that is working with Telekom in Germany to launch the world’s first mass-market available Virtual Reality (VR) experience for live concerts. Magenta Musik 360 launched on 2nd June with live video streaming in virtual reality from Rock am Ring.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Michael Lantz, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Metaverse
PwC releases entertainment and media outlook 2017-2021
Jun 7, 2017 – According to PwC, burgeoning entertainment and media industry segments such as virtual reality (VR), e-sports and music streaming illustrate an intensifying focus on users and the vital role of 'fans' as a source of competitive advantage.
News categories: PwC, Deborah Bothun, Christopher Vollmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Harmonic and Blue Man Group to show native UHD 360° VR at NABShow
Apr 21, 2017 – At the 2017 NAB Show, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase innovations in 360-degree immersive virtual reality (VR) technology with a demonstration featuring prerecorded content of Blue Man Group.
News categories: Harmonic, Blue Man, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Metaverse, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
ZTE launches end-to-end VR live solution
Mar 2, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced the release of its end-to-end VR live solution based on 4 components: VR content capture, elastic networks, a video platform and a VR SDK/set-top box.
News categories: ZTE, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC23, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SK Telecom to unveil ‘360 VR Live’ at MWC 2017
Feb 20, 2017 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will unveil its '360 VR Live' 360-degree live broadcast platform at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. The platform produces UHD VR through differentiated stitching technology.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, Metaverse, MWC23, Worldwide
Nokia and Sony Pictures team for 3D 360 immersive VR content
Nov 14, 2016 – Nokia and Sony Pictures have announced an agreement whereby Sony Pictures will use Nokia OZO tools to explore the creative potential of VR production and distribution. The studio will also integrate the OZO Player SDK into Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Privilege Plus app.
News categories: Nokia, Sony Pictures, Paul Melin, Pete Wood, Scot Barbour, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Worldwide
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, Metaverse, UAE
- Irdeto ensures integrity of apps running on OSNtv
- Thales and Netskrt Systems collaborate on inflight VOD streaming
- Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
- Radio Television Hong Kong selects Irdeto multi-DRM solution
- Spectrum Reach taps Beachfront for programmatic monetization of convergent TV
- Netgem enables multiscreen TV for ZEOP with new UI on Android TV
- KCGM deploys Amagi SaaS offering to distribute anime channel in India
- Leading industry players join IAB Tech Lab advertising standards group
- DingoTV streaming service adds gamification with Edge Video
- Foxxum partners with OTTera to expand app portfolio
- Taiwan Mobile selects Broadpeak for live video streaming to mobiles
- TV Globo affiliate EPTV turns to MediaKind for IP video edge upgrade
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart