Digital TV News: VR Video
NBCUniversal to produce VR content for YouTube
Apr 30, 2018 – NBCUniversal has teamed up with Google to produce VR content that gives audiences a unique way to experience some of their favorite networks and shows. They’ll be made available on YouTube, and can be viewed on the web or using any mobile phone.
News categories: NBCUniversal, Google, Ron Lamprecht, Amit Singh, Digital TV, Metaverse, Streaming, Worldwide
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Metaverse, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Accedo and Deutsche Telekom debut VR experience for live concerts
Jul 5, 2017 – Accedo has announced that is working with Telekom in Germany to launch the world’s first mass-market available Virtual Reality (VR) experience for live concerts. Magenta Musik 360 launched on 2nd June with live video streaming in virtual reality from Rock am Ring.
News categories: Accedo, Deutsche Telekom, Michael Lantz, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Metaverse
PwC releases entertainment and media outlook 2017-2021
Jun 7, 2017 – According to PwC, burgeoning entertainment and media industry segments such as virtual reality (VR), e-sports and music streaming illustrate an intensifying focus on users and the vital role of 'fans' as a source of competitive advantage.
News categories: PwC, Deborah Bothun, Christopher Vollmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Harmonic and Blue Man Group to show native UHD 360° VR at NABShow
Apr 21, 2017 – At the 2017 NAB Show, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase innovations in 360-degree immersive virtual reality (VR) technology with a demonstration featuring prerecorded content of Blue Man Group.
News categories: Harmonic, Blue Man, Bart Spriester, Content Distribution, Metaverse, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
ZTE launches end-to-end VR live solution
Mar 2, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced the release of its end-to-end VR live solution based on 4 components: VR content capture, elastic networks, a video platform and a VR SDK/set-top box.
News categories: ZTE, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Metaverse, MWC22, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SK Telecom to unveil ‘360 VR Live’ at MWC 2017
Feb 20, 2017 – SK Telecom (NYSE:SKM) has announced that it will unveil its '360 VR Live' 360-degree live broadcast platform at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. The platform produces UHD VR through differentiated stitching technology.
News categories: SK Telecom, Park Jin-hyo, Metaverse, MWC22, Worldwide
Nokia and Sony Pictures team for 3D 360 immersive VR content
Nov 14, 2016 – Nokia and Sony Pictures have announced an agreement whereby Sony Pictures will use Nokia OZO tools to explore the creative potential of VR production and distribution. The studio will also integrate the OZO Player SDK into Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's Privilege Plus app.
News categories: Nokia, Sony Pictures, Paul Melin, Pete Wood, Scot Barbour, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, Metaverse, Worldwide
Nokia and du demonstrate 4K 3D 360 VR using 5G-ready network
Oct 16, 2016 – Nokia and UAE-based telecommunications service provider du, used Nokia AirScale Radio Access to showcase 360 degree virtual reality (VR) video streaming for the first time in the Middle East at GITEX 2016 in Dubai.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Bernard Najm, Saleem AlBlooshi, 5G, Metaverse, UAE
- Irdeto enhances software DRM to prevent content key extraction
- T-Mobile NL partners with Witbe to guarantee IPTV service quality
- Global semiconductor sales grew 3.2% in 2022 despite H2 slowdown
- Veset acquired by PLAY Japan
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023