Digital TV News: Variety
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Cloud gaming platform Nware now available on Android TV
Feb 23, 2023 – Nware has announced that it is now available via Android TV, enabling users to enjoy video games without a gaming console, downloading, storage issues or the need to connect additional devices.
News categories: Nware, Daniel Olmedo, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, Worldwide
Cinemo to showcase in-vehicle infotainment portfolio at MWC 2023
Feb 23, 2023 – At MWC 2023, Cinemo will be showcasing example use cases to demonstrate how its technology is being used in in-vehicle aftermarket infotainment, connected health and fitness devices, and digital signage.
News categories: Cinemo, Tristan Kleiner, CES2023, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, Worldwide
Varnish, Intel and Supermicro achieve streaming throughput record
Feb 22, 2023 – Varnish Software, with Intel and Supermicro, has announced new content delivery milestones having achieved over 1.3 Tbps throughput on a single Edge server consuming 1,120 watts, resulting in 1.17 Gbps per Watt.
News categories: Varnish Software, Supermicro, Intel Corp, Frank Miller, Michael McNerney, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC23, Streaming, Worldwide
i-CABLE Communications surrenders Hong Kong pay TV licence
Feb 14, 2023 – i-CABLE Communications (Stock Code: 1097) has announced that its subsidiary, Hong Kong Cable Television, has surrendered its pay TV licence. The Group will continue to provide free TV programme services and other businesses as usual.
News categories: i-CABLE Communications, TSANG On Yip, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Regulation
Daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany fell in 2022
Feb 15, 2023 – According to VAUNET, daily audio and audiovisual media usage in Germany in 2022 rose by 37 minutes to 9 hours and 43 minutes compared to pre-pandemic year 2019, yet fell by 17 minutes on the previous year.
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Johannes Leibiger, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, TV Services
Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
Feb 1, 2023 – Digiturk has strengthened its partnership with Irdeto, expanding the portfolio of Irdeto products and services currently used by deploying Irdeto’s integrated 360 Video Security Services to protect its premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Digiturk, Richard Frankland, Hatice Memiguven, Content Protection, Digital TV, Turkey
UK entertainment sales at record £11.1bn for 2022
Jan 10, 2023 – The value of the UK home entertainment market soared to £11.1bn in 2022, an all-time record for music, video and games sales, according to ERA. The fastest growing sector in 2022 was video, up 14.4% to £4,432m.
News categories: Entertainment Retailers Association, Ben Drury, Kim Bayle, Digital TV, Gaming, Market Research, Streaming, UK
IndiaCast launches 'Desi Play TV' FAST channel with Amagi
Jan 6, 2023 – Amagi has announced that IndiaCast has partnered with it to launch Desi Play TV, a free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channel in HD on Sling in the US and Plex across the US, Canada, and Middle East regions.
News categories: Amagi, IndiaCast, Desi Play TV, Baskar Subramanian, Govind Shahi, Sachin Gokhale, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, North America, Streaming
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media