Digital TV News: Verance
Sinclair, Gray, Graham & Capitol adopt Verance NextGen TV watermarking
Apr 14, 2023 – Verance has made agreements with Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media Group and Capitol Broadcasting to implement the Verance Aspect audio watermark on stations across the groups.
News categories: Verance, Sinclair Broadcast, Gray Television, Graham Media, Capitol Broadcasting, Nil Shah, Mike Kralec, David Burke, Anthony Plosz, Peter Sockett, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Verance ATSC 3.0 watermark detection implemented on LG NextGen TVs
Apr 26, 2022 – Verance has announced that LG is the first TV manufacturer to implement ATSC 3.0 watermark detection on NextGen TVs. Without watermarking, viewers receiving TV via cable, satellite and OTT will be unable to receive ATSC 3.0 interactive services.
News categories: Verance, LG Electronics, Nil Shah, Matthew Durgin, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance launched
Jun 11, 2020 – Broadcast and cable media solution providers have launched the NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition to help accelerate the industry's evolution toward next-generation broadcast and OTT TV systems.
News categories: NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, Edward Czarnecki, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Content Identification, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029