Digital TV News: Verance
Verance ATSC 3.0 watermark detection implemented on LG NextGen TVs
Apr 26, 2022 – Verance has announced that LG is the first TV manufacturer to implement ATSC 3.0 watermark detection on NextGen TVs. Without watermarking, viewers receiving TV via cable, satellite and OTT will be unable to receive ATSC 3.0 interactive services.
News categories: Verance, LG Electronics, Nil Shah, Matthew Durgin, ATSC 3, Content Identification, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance launched
Jun 11, 2020 – Broadcast and cable media solution providers have launched the NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition to help accelerate the industry's evolution toward next-generation broadcast and OTT TV systems.
News categories: NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, Edward Czarnecki, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Telos Audio Processor integrates Verance watermarking for ATSC 3.0
May 12, 2020 – Telos Alliance has announced the availability of Verance Aspect watermarking in its LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor. The LA-5300 processor was developed by Telos Alliance specifically for ATSC 3.0 services.
News categories: Verance, Telos Alliance, Nil Shah, John Schur, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance adds video watermarking to its Aspect platform
Jan 2, 2020 – Verance has announced the availability of video watermark technology as part of its Aspect platform, bringing enhanced capabilities to the Aspect audio watermark that has already been deployed by major broadcasters in the United States.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
Nov 5, 2019 – Verance and Extreme Reach (ER) have announced plans to jointly bring addressable and cross-platform reporting capabilities to market. The partnership combines Verance’s watermarking with ER’s asset management platform for TV and Video ad creative.
News categories: Verance, Extreme Reach, Nil Shah, Tim Conley, Advertising, Big Data, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Verance brings watermarking to HbbTV
Oct 1, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to bring its Aspect watermarking to HbbTV. Aspect uses Verance’s implementation of the watermarking technologies sanctioned by the HbbTV Association in their 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification.
News categories: Verance, Joe Winograd, Content Identification, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, USA
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC 3, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media in the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM