Digital TV News: ViXS
ViXS Systems seeks shareholder approval for acquisition by Pixelworks
Jul 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it intends to seek shareholder approval for a proposed acquisition by Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) of all of ViXS' outstanding common shares pursuant to an arrangement agreement between the companies.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Pixelworks, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter fiscal 2018 results
Jun 7, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the period ending April 30, 2017. Revenues for the quarter totaled $4.8 million, down from $7.7 million in the previous quarter, primarily due to the sale of the company's legacy MoCA product line.
News categories: ViXS, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Sharp launches Ultra HD Blu-ray Recorders powered by ViXS SoCs
Mar 9, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sharp has launched three BD Recorders based on its SoCs. Sharp's AQUOS Blu-ray BD-UT3100, BD-UT2100 and BD-UT1100 include support for 4K Ultra HD 60fps, high luminance HDR, and wide color space video playback.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Perry Chappell, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Semiconductor
MaxLinear tuner chosen for 'Air HDTV' streaming OTA STB
Jan 6, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL603 global terrestrial tuner has been chosen for Air HDTV, an over-the-air (OTA) antenna/set-top box (STB) designed by Wireless Innovations Group.
News categories: MaxLinear, Wireless Innovation Group, ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Will Torgerson, Henry Cooper, Perry Chappell, Ashraf Tahir, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ViXS partners with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GIEC on 'EasyOTA' dual streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems has announced a collaboration with MaxLinear, Morega Systems and GEIC on a Dual Tuner Over-the-Air (OTA) Streaming solution called 'EasyOTA'. EasyOTA converts ATSC OTA signals and transforms them to IP format for viewing on a variety of devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, MaxLinear, Morega Systems, GEIC, Anselmo Pilla, Will Torgerson, Ashraf Tahir, Aileen Liu, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, Worldwide
ViXS partners with Geniatech on OEM-ready dual tuner OTA streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has partnered with Geniatech on a white label OEM ready Over-the-Air (OTA) dual tuner streaming product, CordCutter TV Dual to be demonstrated at CES 2017.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Geniatech, Anselmo Pilla, Mr. Fang, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA
ViXS launches dual-stream OTA transcoding SoC
Jan 4, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the launch of the XCode 5516 SoC, with dual tuner and transcoding support capabilities. The SoC is designed for dual-tuner OTA streaming products delivering free HDTV OTA content to multiple video devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Perry Chappell, CES2023, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ViXS and sMedio join forces to launch Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution
Jan 8, 2016 – In response to the imminent availability of multiple Ultra HD Blu-ray disc titles in early 2016, ViXS Systems Inc. (TSX: VXS) and sMedio (Tokyo: 3913) have announce the availability of an Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, sMedio, Twentieth Century Fox, Sohail Khan, Shunsuke Tanaka, Danny Kaye, Blu-ray, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity