Digital TV News: Yankee Group
Entone FusionTV Deployed at Twin Lakes Telephone
Mar 13, 2012 – Entone has announced that Twin Lakes Telephone has selected its FusionTV™ solution. Entone's FusionTV enables Twin Lakes Telephone to offer their subscribers an experience that combines live HDTV, DVR and cloud services via a single TV user interface.
News categories: Entone, Twin Lakes Telephone, IPTV, Middleware, Streaming, USA
Alcatel-Lucent introduces compact Microsoft Mediaroom IPTV solution
Jul 22, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has unveiled a turnkey, compact IPTV solution, powered by Microsoft Mediaroom, that is designed to cost-effectively support networks of between 1,000 and 100,000 set-top-boxes.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MetroNet, Microsoft, Geeta Chaudhary, John Cinelli, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Big Growth Ahead for Connected HDTVs, Blu-ray Players and Digital Media Adapters
Jun 1, 2009 – Connectivity will be a force to reckon with according to Yankee Group's connected device forecast, which predicts more than 60 percent of U.S. households will have a home network by 2013.
News categories: Yankee Group, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Microsoft Mediaroom First to Bring Virtualization to IPTV
May 27, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) has launched Microsoft Mediaroom with virtualization, making Mediaroom the first IPTV platform to offer virtualization support. Virtualization can deliver up to a sixfold reduction in the number of physical servers required.
News categories: Microsoft, Reservation Telephone Cooperative, Andreas Mueller-Schubert, Royce Aslakson, Vince Vittore, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Veoh Networks Secures $30 Million from Silicon Valley Heavyweights
Jun 3, 2008 – Veoh Networks has announced that it has received an additional round of funding led by Intel Capital, and joined by Adobe Systems Incorporated and Gordon Crawford, senior vice president of Capital Research Global Investors.
News categories: Veoh, Intel Capital, Digital TV, Streaming, Venture Capital
Yankee Group Says IPTV Will Be the Game-Changer for Subscription Services
Mar 1, 2008 – Yankee Group has announced that IPTV will change the competitive landscape for subscription services. By 2011, more than 9 million households in the US will subscribe to telco-provided video service.
News categories: Yankee Group, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Freescale Demonstrating End-to-End LTE Cellular Technologies
Feb 7, 2008 – Freescale Semiconductor will be demonstrating working LTE technology in both its handset and network platforms. This technology will be on display at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, February 11-14, 2008.
News categories: Freescale, 5G, Broadband, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC22, Semiconductor
Alcatel-Lucent passes market adoption milestone with 50 customers for its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA)
Jan 17, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced the broad acceptance of its Triple Play Service Delivery Architecture (TPSDA) with 50 service providers worldwide now having selected or deployed the industry-leading blue print architecture.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Content Distribution, IPTV
Microsoft Mediaroom Delivers Connected TV to More Than 1 Million Set-Top Boxes
Jan 6, 2008 – Microsoft has announced that its Microsoft Mediaroom Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and multimedia platform is delivering video entertainment experiences to more than 1 million set-top boxes worldwide and its service provider customers are adding two new IPTV subscriber households every minute.
News categories: Microsoft, BT TV, Yankee Group, Enrique Rodriguez, Dan Marks, Vince Vittore, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022