Digital TV News: ZTE
ZTE to unveil Big Video solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 11, 2019 – At IBC, ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) plans to unveil four innovative Big Video Solutions including 5G Live TV, 5G+8K, dual-ecosystem IPTV and smart home STB products. ZTE will showcase many other series of powerful STBs.
News categories: ZTE, 5G, Android TV, China, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
Aug 9, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Mobile have broadcast the 2nd National Youth Games of China using ZTE's 5G Live TV technology. 5G Live TV was used for video collection, editing, broadcasting and live streaming of the Games.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
ZTE Launches new-generation DTH STB
Jul 4, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has launched a new generation HD DTH STB, ZXV10 B710S2-A15. The ZXV10 B710S2-A15 features high performance, ultra-fast switching and easy upgrade, and aims at facilitating the service development of clients in the DTH market.
News categories: ZTE, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
5G smartphone shipments to overtake 4G in 2023
Jul 1, 2019 – According to Canalys, 5G-enabled handsets will reach nearly 800 million units in 2023, accounting for 51.4% of all smartphone shipments, passing 4G smartphones five years after commercial launch. The CAGR between 2019 and 2023 will be 179.9%.
News categories: Canalys, Nicole Peng, Mo Jia, 5G, Market Research, MWC19, Smartphone, Worldwide
ZTE and China Telecom show 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai 2019
Jun 28, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Telecom have demonstrated 5G 8K+VR at MWC Shanghai. Images and data were captured by an 8K VR 360° camera and transmitted via a 5G network, allowing visitors, wearing VR glasses, to enjoy an immersive viewing experience.
News categories: ZTE, China Telecom, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, MWC19, VR
ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
Jun 18, 2019 – Orange and ZTE are demoing a number of applications at the Global 5G Event and the European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC) in Valencia. Orange will also conduct demonstrations in Seville, Málaga, Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Barcelona and Madrid.
News categories: Orange, ZTE, 5G, Spain, VR
ZTE and Netgem to jointly address the European fibre market
Mar 12, 2019 – Netgem and ZTE have partnered to offer connected home solutions to European fibre operators. ZTE will provide devices, production capability and financing. Netgem will provide software assets, content relationships and integration expertise.
News categories: Netgem, ZTE, Joseph Haddad, Fang Hui, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Set Top Box, UX
ZTE, Wind Tre and Open Fiber make 5G video call across the Mediterranean Sea
Feb 25, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced that it has completed a video call on a 5G smartphone in collaboration with Wind Tre and Open Fiber. Based on a 5G pilot network in L'Aquila, the video call was placed using ZTE's end-to-end 5G solution.
News categories: ZTE, Wind Tre, Open Fiber, 5G, Italy, MWC19, Smartphone, Spain
SDMC wins Android TV certification for OTT STB
Sep 20, 2017 – In September 2017, the OTT TV Box DV8219 launched by SDMC obtained Android TV™ official certification, making SDMC the third authorized company in China after ZTE and Xiaomi.
News categories: SDMC, Android TV, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan