Digital TV News: ZTE
Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
Mar 4, 2021 – Megacable is expanding the delivery of its Xview+ OTT service to Android TV set-top boxes using Viaccess-Orca's TV Platform. Xview+ brings together content in one place, creating a unified experience for subscribers.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Megacable, Philippe Leonetti, Gerardo Seifert, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box
Altimedia middleware to power Turk Telecom IPTV upgrade
Feb 4, 2021 – Altimedia has been selected as set-top box (STB) software platform provider and TV application developer for Turk Telecom's new IPTV platform. Built on ZTE technology, the rollout involves upgrading of one million legacy STBs.
News categories: Altimedia, Turk Telecom, Brian Koo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Turkey
Beltelecom adds new features to ZALA IPTV platform
Jan 22, 2021 – Beltelecom has upgraded its ZALA IPTV platform, adding access to online cinemas, YouTube and storage platforms as well as interaction with social networks, video cameras and payment services.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZTE, Sergey Turomsha, Vadim Shaibakov, Belarus, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
Oct 26, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Android TV Operator Tier with custom launcher for Mexican operator, izzi. The launch extends izzi’s pay TV service to Android TV hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
Oct 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced a partnership with Netflix for its Hailstorm program. The Hailstorm Hybrid Program is Netflix's Android TV-based STB device scaling program for Pay TV operators and CE partners.
News categories: ZTE, Netflix, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE combines soundbar and set-top box
Sep 14, 2020 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has launched a far-field 4K AI Soundbar STB at the IBC Showcase. By integrating smart soundbar and set-top box (STB), ZTE provides operators with a multi-function platform and a must-have device for consumers.
News categories: ZTE, Android TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
Jun 30, 2020 – The FCC has formally designated Huawei and ZTE as covered companies for the purposes of the agency’s ban on the use of universal service support to purchase equipment or services from companies posing a national security threat.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, Regulation, USA
ZTE to unveil Big Video solutions at IBC 2019
Sep 11, 2019 – At IBC, ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) plans to unveil four innovative Big Video Solutions including 5G Live TV, 5G+8K, dual-ecosystem IPTV and smart home STB products. ZTE will showcase many other series of powerful STBs.
News categories: ZTE, 5G, Android TV, China, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
Aug 9, 2019 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) and China Mobile have broadcast the 2nd National Youth Games of China using ZTE's 5G Live TV technology. 5G Live TV was used for video collection, editing, broadcasting and live streaming of the Games.
News categories: ZTE, China Mobile, 5G, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV
- 2021 shaping up to be year of programmatic TV advertising in Europe
- WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
- discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
- CommScope to spin-off Home Networks business
- Disney+ rollout in Southern Asia going strong
- Western Europe pay TV subscribers to fall by 4 million
- Spain gives international travel authorisation for MWC21
- $18 million of Series B funding for IRIS.TV
- 8K TV households to reach 72 million worldwide by 2025
- Delta Fiber selects Agama video monitoring and analytics
- CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Morris Broadband
- MediaTek and Samsung introduce Wi-Fi 6E enabled 8K TV
- COVID supercharged online video and gaming consumption in 2020
- VlogBox uses Protected Media SDK for CTV ad fraud detection
- Ekstraklasa chooses Red Bee as technology partner for Ekstraklasa.TV
- Sony brings BRAVIA CORE film entertainment to BRAVIA XR TVs
- Minerva Networks deploys at Mahaska Communications in Iowa
- LG to withdraw from mobile phone market
- 27% of DTC streaming video services are shared in the U.S.