Digital TV News: fuboTV
WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
Feb 25, 2020 – In partnership with fuboTV, Philo, Sling TV and YouTube TV, WOW! Internet, Cable & Phone (NYSE: WOW) is helping customers cut the cord with a free Amazon Fire TV Stick, allowing them to access the streaming services over WOW!’s broadband HSD network.
News categories: WOW!, Teresa Elder, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Consolidated Communications extends CCiTV availability
Nov 25, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV to residential customers in its Lakes Region, central and southern New Hampshire service areas. CCiTV offers flexible, easy-to-use TV programming to customers when they want it, where they want it and how they want it.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
Nov 12, 2019 – The European Investment Bank (EIB) is providing financing of up to €20 million to Bitmovin. The project will allow Bitmovin to strengthen its R&D and product development team in Austria and support investments in sales and marketing.
News categories: Bitmovin, EIB, Stefan Lederer, Andrew McDowell, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finance, Worldwide
Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
Aug 12, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has introduced CCiTV, a 200-channel TV service that includes restart/replay TV, voice-activated remote control, HD with 4K compatibility and cloud-based DVR storage to enable viewing of content anytime, anywhere.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals U.S. key findings
Aug 6, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with MTM, has released the key findings of the U.S. edition of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report explores a wide range of themes and issues, from the future of the U.S. pay-TV market to the opportunities in next-generation aggregation.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,325,000 subscribers in 1Q 2019
May 14, 2019 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,325,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2019, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 305,000 subscribers in 1Q 2018.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
BrightLine and SpotX make buying enhanced TV ads at scale easy
Apr 8, 2019 – SpotX has announced an expanded partnership with BrightLine to deliver inventory to advertisers enhanced with BrightLine's suite of personalized and interactive ad formats. The solution streamlines the execution of enhanced ads at scale across OTT inventory.
News categories: SpotX, BrightLine, Kristen Williams, Robert Aksman, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
FuboTV provides business update
Oct 15, 2018 – fuboTV has revealed key performance metrics heading into the fourth quarter. This includes exceeding an annual run rate (ARR) of $100 million in September 2018, as well as surpassing company records for ARPU, paid subscribers and time spent per subscriber.
News categories: fuboTV, David Gandler, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey