Digital TV News: iQIYI
beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
Sep 21, 2022 – Astro Malaysia has launched the beIN SPORTS CONNECT, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps on its Ultra Box, allowing customers to stream more live sporting events and Asian entertainment on their big screen TV.
News categories: Astro TV, Euan Smith, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Streaming
Asia Pacific online video revenue to grow to $73 billion by 2027
Jul 25, 2022 – Analysis released by Media Partners Asia (MPA) has indicated that total Asia Pacific online video industry revenue will grow by 16% year-on-year in 2022 to reach $49.2 billion. SVOD will contribute 50%; UGC AVOD, 37% and Premium AVOD, 13%.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Vivek Cout, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
iQIYI implements Unified ID 2.0 identity framework
Jul 4, 2022 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) has implemented Unified ID 2.0 on its international service. The new identifier works in most omnichannel environments, including OTT and CTV.
News categories: The Trade Desk, iQIYI, Doug Choy, Frankie Fu, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by $20 billion
Mar 24, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific OTT TV revenues will reach $52bn in 2027, up 62% from the $32bn recorded in 2021. Of the additional revenues, China will add $3bn, India $3bn, South Korea $3bn and Japan $5bn.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Australia, China, Digital TV, India, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
AR/VR headset shipments grew dramatically in 2021
Mar 21, 2022 – The worldwide market for augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headsets grew 92.1% year over year in 2021 with shipments reaching 11.2 million units, according to IDC. The holiday quarter was a major driver for the industry.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media into the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM