Digital TV News: iQIYI
Asia Pacific OTT revenues to climb by $20 billion
Mar 24, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific OTT TV revenues will reach $52bn in 2027, up 62% from the $32bn recorded in 2021. Of the additional revenues, China will add $3bn, India $3bn, South Korea $3bn and Japan $5bn.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Australia, China, Digital TV, India, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Streaming
AR/VR headset shipments grew dramatically in 2021
Mar 21, 2022 – The worldwide market for augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) headsets grew 92.1% year over year in 2021 with shipments reaching 11.2 million units, according to IDC. The holiday quarter was a major driver for the industry.
News categories: IDC, Jitesh Ubrani, Tom Mainelli, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
OTT players in SE Asia announce support for Unified ID 2.0
Dec 9, 2021 – The Trade Desk (NASDAQ: TTD) has announced that the Unified ID 2.0 initiative has expanded into SE Asia with its adoption by leading OTT platforms in the region. Unified ID 2.0 is a privacy-conscious identifier built from hashed and encrypted email addresses.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Bihao Pan, Advertising, Asia, Big Data, Digital TV, Streaming
Astro integrates Netflix into its Ultra Box
Nov 9, 2021 – Astro has unveiled its new Astro experience, enabling customers to stream Netflix on Astro TV. Customers can now enjoy services such as Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO GO, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+, as well as Astro's shows and sports, all in one place.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Euan Smith, Azlin Arshad, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 1.6 billion in 2026
Sep 30, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 491 million between 2021 and 2026 to reach 1.64 billion. China and the US will then together account for 49% of the total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Nearly 700 million SVOD subscribers for Asia Pacific in 2026
Sep 9, 2021 – According to Digital TV Research, the Asia Pacific region will have 698 million SVOD subscriptions by 2026, up from 502 million at end-2021. China will be providing 354 million of the subscriptions in 2026.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Subscribers
YouTube, Line TV and Yahoo TV lead online video consumption in Taiwan
Aug 30, 2021 – Streaming minutes in Taiwan measured across AVOD, SVOD and live streaming platforms increased to ~53 billion in Q2 2021, representing a ~2.3 billion net quarterly growth in minutes, according to Media Partners Asia.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Adrian Tong, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Taiwan
CSG powers TV experiences at Maxis in Malaysia
Jun 30, 2021 – CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) has expanded its relationship with Maxis. CSG enabled the launch of Maxis TV 2.0, and is poised to help drive future growth of Maxis' services through the launch of new experiences.
News categories: CSG, Maxis, Ian Watterson, Gokhan Ogut, Digital TV, Malaysia, Streaming, UX
Premium video captures 10% of video streaming minutes in SE Asia
May 18, 2021 – Premium video platforms, led by Netflix, Viu, WeTV, iQIYI and Vidio, captured 10% of total video streaming minutes in Q1 2021, according to a study published by Media Partners Asia (MPA).
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Analyst Dhivya T, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
- Xfinity Stream app launches on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Tencent Video available in NetRange Smart TV app store
- Gibtelecom launches new TV platform with Netgem
- izzi adds anti-piracy and extended threat defense technologies from Verimatrix
- MEO deploys Velocix CDN and cloud-native VRM platforms
- AminoOS deployed to Vodafone Iceland’s legacy Samsung STBs
- Bhimavaram Community Network chooses Skyworth for 4K RDK IPTV set-tops
- Synaptics selects Allegro DVT VVC compliance streams
- NextGen TV launches in Shreveport, LA
- Sunrise deploys Media Distillery to enhance TV user experience
- Vewd brings in-vehicle streaming to Renesas R-Car automotive chipsets
- Omdia expects pay TV & online video subscriptions to pass 3 billion in 2027
- SeaChange Advanced Advertising Platform selected by Armstrong and BEAM
- U.S. streaming video consumers becoming more price sensitive
- SES-22 to launch on June 29th
- Euronews added to ZEASN's FAST service for smart TVs
- Orange to integrate DAZN sports in Spain
- BuyDRM to provide streaming security for Samsung TV Plus
- MEASAT-3d and GSAT-24 successfully placed into orbit
- Horizon Media to trial Comscore Local TV measurement data