Digital TV News: ANCOM
CAST.ERA plans 5G-ATSC 3.0 launches in the U.S. and Korea
Apr 30, 2021 – CAST.ERA palns to introduce 5G-ATSC 3.0 technology to the U.S. and Korea by the end of this year. The technology will enable the broadcasting of UHD video with low-to-zero latency to TVs and mobile devices.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Yoon Kim, Del Parks, Kevin Gage, 5G, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
May 15, 2019 – According to ANCOM, in 2018 the number of pay TV subscribers in Romania grew by 3%, reaching a total of 7.64 million. The trend of previous years continued with subscribers shifting from satellite to cable and IPTV.
News categories: ANCOM, Sorin Grindeanu, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania adds 110,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2016
May 25, 2017 – At end-2016, there were about 7.3 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up by 3% year-on-year, according to data reported to ANCOM by service providers.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania's ANCOM completes fourth auction of DTT multiplexes
Feb 20, 2017 – Two new local multiplexes, in Iasi and Timisoara, have been awarded in the fourth DTT auction held by ANCOM. M PLUS INVESTMENTS won the Iasi local multiplex, while NOVA MEDIA won a local multiplex for Timisoara.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania ends 1H 2016 with 7.2 million pay TV subscribers
Oct 12, 2016 – According to data published by ANCOM, at the end of the first half of 2016, there were 7.2 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up 5% y.o.y.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe have pay TV
Jun 28, 2016 – Pay TV revenue in Central and Eastern Europe totaled €5.02 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). There were 75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe that had pay TV, an increase of 31 percent between 2010 and 2015.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers
ANCOM awards more digital TV multiplexes in Romania
May 13, 2015 – Following bids submitted by the three candidates qualified in the Romanian auction for DTT multiplexes, the auction commission has announced that four multiplexes have been awarded. Info Total Press won three and TV Sat 2002 won one.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania launches new DTT multiplex auction
Mar 18, 2015 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched an auction to award the two national, 31 regional and 19 local DTT multiplexes unallocated in the previous selection process.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Five companies bid for DTV multiplex capacity in Romania
Jan 14, 2015 – Five companies have submitted applications in the second procedure held for awarding the digital television multiplexes under which Romanian regulator, ANCOM, is making available to the market 2 national multiplexes, 40 regional multiplexes and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools