Digital TV News: ANCOM
Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
May 15, 2019 – According to ANCOM, in 2018 the number of pay TV subscribers in Romania grew by 3%, reaching a total of 7.64 million. The trend of previous years continued with subscribers shifting from satellite to cable and IPTV.
News categories: ANCOM, Sorin Grindeanu, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania adds 110,000 pay TV subscribers in 2H 2016
May 25, 2017 – At end-2016, there were about 7.3 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up by 3% year-on-year, according to data reported to ANCOM by service providers.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
Romania's ANCOM completes fourth auction of DTT multiplexes
Feb 20, 2017 – Two new local multiplexes, in Iasi and Timisoara, have been awarded in the fourth DTT auction held by ANCOM. M PLUS INVESTMENTS won the Iasi local multiplex, while NOVA MEDIA won a local multiplex for Timisoara.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania ends 1H 2016 with 7.2 million pay TV subscribers
Oct 12, 2016 – According to data published by ANCOM, at the end of the first half of 2016, there were 7.2 million subscribers to paid audio-visual programme retransmission services in Romania, up 5% y.o.y.
News categories: ANCOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, Satellite, Subscribers
75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe have pay TV
Jun 28, 2016 – Pay TV revenue in Central and Eastern Europe totaled €5.02 billion in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). There were 75.9 million homes in Central and Eastern Europe that had pay TV, an increase of 31 percent between 2010 and 2015.
News categories: IHS, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Subscribers
ANCOM awards more digital TV multiplexes in Romania
May 13, 2015 – Following bids submitted by the three candidates qualified in the Romanian auction for DTT multiplexes, the auction commission has announced that four multiplexes have been awarded. Info Total Press won three and TV Sat 2002 won one.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania launches new DTT multiplex auction
Mar 18, 2015 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched an auction to award the two national, 31 regional and 19 local DTT multiplexes unallocated in the previous selection process.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Five companies bid for DTV multiplex capacity in Romania
Jan 14, 2015 – Five companies have submitted applications in the second procedure held for awarding the digital television multiplexes under which Romanian regulator, ANCOM, is making available to the market 2 national multiplexes, 40 regional multiplexes and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Regulation, Romania, Terrestrial
Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
Sep 25, 2014 – The Romanian Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications (ANCOM) has launched a public consultation in preparation for the auction of two remaining national DTT multiplexes, plus 40 regional and 19 local multiplexes.
News categories: ANCOM, Bogdan IANA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Romania, Terrestrial
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT
- DVB approves commercial requirements for DVB-I over 5G
- V-Nova raises €33 million in series C round
- AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 62,000 in 2Q 2021
- Astro launches STB for TV without a satellite dish
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV solutions
- Freesat 4K STB receives EICS certification with DTG Testing
- Cox Media Group Local Solutions partners with Amazon Advertising
- Samba TV announces global TV viewership dashboard
- Sky Brasil's SKY Connect 4K Android TV DVR powered by Wyplay
- NBCUniversal adopts Ad-ID for its One Platform
- Redbox to expand free live TV content with Wurl
- ThinkAnalytics rebrands its suite as 'Think360'
- Grupo Werthein to buy AT&T's Vrio operations
- ITV and Sky upgrade their commercial partnership