Digital TV News: ART
Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
May 31, 2023 – Tenstorrent and LG are collaborating to build a new generation of RISC-V, AI, and video codec chiplets to potentially power LG's premium TV and automotive products of the future.
News categories: Tenstorrent, LG Electronics, Jim Keller, Byoung-hoon Kim, Digital TV, In-Car, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
May 31, 2023 – DISH Media has launched DISH Connected, a solution that allows DISH TV's live linear inventory to be programmatically executed, delivering real-time, targeted ads to DISH set-top boxes.
News categories: DISH Media, Kevin Arrix, Matt McLeggon, Verna De Jesus, Advertising, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
May 31, 2023 – Amagi has announced that health tv, a German private television station owned by the hospital group Asklepios, is making its foray into FAST using Amagi's cloud solutions.
News categories: Amagi, health tv, Srinivasan KA, Marina Gunesch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Streaming
Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
May 30, 2023 – Barb has released data from its Establishment Survey showing that 19.08 million UK homes had access to an SVOD service in Q1 2023, a -1.7% decrease from 19.42 million in Q4 2022.
News categories: Barb, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
May 24, 2023 – inext has signed a distribution contract with the Moldovan company DIGIMAX. DIGIMAX is a supplier of equipment for satellite TV reception and for cable TV networks.
News categories: inext, DIGIMAX, Pavlo Sidorov, Digital TV, Moldova, Set Top Box
SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
May 30, 2023 – SoftAtHome has been chosen by 'etisalat by e&' to deliver the smart eLife set-top box and backend software to enable Alexa voice control features in Arabic and English.
News categories: SoftAtHome, etisalat, David Viret-Lange, Khaled El Khouly, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UAE
Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
May 27, 2023 – Airbus-built Arabsat Badr-8 has been successfully launched from Cape Canaveral. Badr-8 will provide connectivity at 26°E for users in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and central Asia.
News categories: Airbus, Arabsat, Jean Marc Nasr, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite
STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
May 25, 2023 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023. Total global OTT subscribers increased by 1.3 million in the sequential quarter, on a pro forma basis.
News categories: Lionsgate, Jon Feltheimer, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
May 26, 2023 – New DIRECTV STREAM customers who sign-up for the service can receive priority access to the waiting list for a Telly 55” 4K dual-screen TV due to launch later this summer.
News categories: Telly, DIRECTV, Ilya Pozin, Vikash Sharma, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media