Digital TV News: ART
Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
Sep 16, 2021 – Vewd has released Vewd Core 4.22, the latest version of its HTML5 and streaming SDK for connected TV devices. New features include support for video calling and advanced advertising on TV.
News categories: Vewd, Sascha Prüter, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Software, Worldwide
Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
Sep 15, 2021 – Rakuten and Telefónica have launched the Rakuten Living App on Movistar+ TV in Spain. Movistar Fusion customers with a UHD Decoder can now access an experience that connects online entertainment with offline events.
News categories: Telefónica, Rakuten, Antonio Guzmán, Cédric Dufour, Apps, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Spain
Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
Sep 15, 2021 – Actus Digital has announced a new version of its media monitoring platform offering simplified but sophisticated tools for multi-viewer monitoring and QA of multi-rendition OTT streams and OTA linear content.
News categories: Actus Digital, Ken Rubin, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Worldwide
netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
Sep 15, 2021 – netplus.ch has extended its Agama video analytics and monitoring solution with additional coverage in the head-end and to all types of OTT devices, providing a full view of video distribution in subscribers' homes.
News categories: Agama, netplus.ch, Johan Görsjö, Romain Lonfat, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE, Switzerland, TV Everywhere
Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
Sep 14, 2021 – Zixi has announced an integration with Ad Insertion Platform (AIP), allowing content providers different ways to monetize live channels. AIP's SSAI platform allows ad replacement in live streams and on-demand content.
News categories: Zixi, Ad Insertion Platform, John Wastcoat, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
Sep 15, 2021 – SmartLabs has announced that it has been chosen by Brazilian ISP Città Telecom for OTT provision and mobile applications. The solution will be used by the company's set top box customers and mobile users.
News categories: SmartLabs, Città Telecom, Eduardo Campos, Brazil, Digital TV, Streaming
Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
Sep 14, 2021 – Whip Media, an enterprise software platform and data provider for entertainment organizations, has announced a partnership with Simply.TV. Simply.TV offers TV metadata for more than 80 countries.
News categories: Whip Media, Simply.TV, Alisa Joseph, Daniel Rühmann, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
Sep 14, 2021 – According to The NPD Group, reported time spent watching TV shows and movies in the U.S., in the first half of 2021, rose 4% over last year, as screen-entertainment spending declined by 1%.
News categories: NPD Group, John Buffone, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
Sep 14, 2021 – Five local TV stations in Cincinnati have begun broadcasting with NEXTGEN TV. The launch includes WCPO-TV, WKRC-TV, WLWT, WXIX-TV and WSTR-TV. BitPath coordinated efforts across the television stations.
News categories: BitPath, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community