Digital TV News: ART
BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
Aug 4, 2022 – BARB has released data from its UK Establishment Survey for Q2 2022, showing a decline in the number of UK households with access to SVOD services. In Q2 2022, 19.19 million UK homes had access, a decrease of 382k from 19.57 million in Q1 2022.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, UK
Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
Aug 3, 2022 – Simulmedia has renewed its partnership with TiVo which will help ensure that Simulmedia’s TV+ platform continues to provide marketers with audience planning, targeting and activation capabilities across ad-supported channels in the U.S.
News categories: Simulmedia, TiVo, Dave Morgan, Fariba Zamaniyan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
Aug 3, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that Paramount+ will launch as a Premium Subscription within The Roku Channel later this month. Through a dedicated Live TV Guide consumers will be able to access Paramount+’s live content all in one place.
News categories: Roku, Paramount+, Jeff Shultz, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
Aug 3, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2022. Altice finished with 2,574,200 residential video RGUs, down 85,000 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 48,000 in Q2 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
Aug 3, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending June 30, 2022. The company closed with 9.99 million pay-TV subscribers, including 7.79 million DISH TV and 2.20 million SLING TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
Aug 3, 2022 – iWedia as announced that it has integrated its software solutions for digital TV service operators and consumer electronics manufacturers in more than 6 million Android TV OS deployments.
News categories: iWedia, Google, Hans-Jürgen Desor, Mark Seidenfeld, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
Aug 1, 2022 – RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment Group are to set up a technology joint venture. The aim is to establish existing technologies for Addressable TV based on open standards, such as HbbTV, on the European market.
News categories: RTL Deutschland, Seven.One Entertainment, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV
Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
Jul 29, 2022 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2022. Residential video customers decreased by 240,000 in the second quarter of 2022, finishing the period at 14.9 million customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools