Digital TV News: ART
Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
Dec 1, 2022 – Tulix and WiseDV are powering the Hollywire channel on Samsung TV Plus in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil. Channel origination is provided by WiseDV's cloud playout. Tulix's CDN is used for delivery.
News categories: Tulix, WiseDV, Hollywire, Nino Doijashvili, Brazil, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Pluto TV debuts in Canada
Dec 1, 2022 – Pluto TV has made its debut in Canada, streaming more than 20,000 hours of free programming to Canadians. This marks Pluto TV's most robust content at launch offering to-date.
News categories: Pluto TV, Corus Entertainment, Olivier Jollet, Troy Reeb, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
Dec 1, 2022 – Disney Advertising is building momentum for marketers leveraging Clean Room technology through an integration between its Audience Graph, Ad Exposure Log Files and VideoAmp’s TV Viewership footprint.
News categories: Disney Advertising, VideoAmp, Lisa Valentino, Michael Parkes, Geoffrey Calabrese, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
Dec 2, 2022 – India’s smart TV shipments grew 38% YoY in Q3 2022, according to Counterpoint. The growth was primarily driven by festive season supplies for meeting the strong pent-up demand, multiple new launches, discount events, and promotions.
News categories: Counterpoint, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
Nov 29, 2022 – TrendForce estimates that global shipments of VR devices will come to around 8.58 million units for 2022, a YoY drop of 5.3%. For 2023, TrendForce expects a bounce back to a total of 10.35 million.
News categories: TrendForce, Market Research, Metaverse, Worldwide
Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
Dec 1, 2022 – Imagine Communications has announced that Seven Network has selected its Landmark Sales ad management platform and GamePlan dynamic ad placement engine and yield optimizer for linear TV.
News categories: Imagine Communications, Seven West Media, Joe Khodeir, Kurt Burnette, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV
Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
Nov 30, 2022 – Global 5G subscriptions remain on track to top one billion by the end of this year. The latest Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) Mobility Report also forecasts FWA connections to grow faster than previously expected.
News categories: Ericsson, Fredrik Jejdling, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
Nov 30, 2022 – Breezeline has extended its advanced fiber network into Durham, New Hampshire. The company has also introduced Breezeline Stream TV, a cloud-based service that integrates live TV, DVR, On Demand and streaming apps.
News categories: Breezeline, Aaron Brace, Digital TV, Fibre, Streaming, USA
6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
Nov 10, 2022 – 6G-Datacast.TV has developed a protocol by which a serial data stream is pushed to unlimited numbers of clients wirelessly. The protocol makes good on the promise of ATSC 3.0 for datacasting.
News categories: CEA Group, 6G-Datacast.tv, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management