Digital TV News: AT&T
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, Streaming
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,895,000 subscribers in 1Q 2021
May 19, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) hasfound that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,895,000 net video subscribers in 1Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,955,000 in 1Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
CTA announces return to Las Vegas for CES 2022
Apr 29, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) has announced that CES 2022 will return to Las Vegas next year. CTA will convene the tech industry in-person and digitally. CES heads back to Las Vegas Jan. 5-8, 2022.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Karen Chupka, CES2022, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
AT&T premium TV down 620k; Vrio down 383k; HBO up 3.3M video subs in 1Q 2021
Apr 22, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for 1Q 2021. Total U.S. premium TV connections were down 620,000 in the quarter. Vrio in Latin America lost 383,000 subscribers. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers grew by 3.3 million.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Roku begins Roku OS 10 roll-out
Apr 13, 2021 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) is rolling out Roku OS 10. The OS introduces a variety of features getting users to content faster, improving configurations, offering new ways to customize the experience, and performance enhancements.
News categories: Roku, Ilya Asnis, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, USA, UX, Worldwide
WarnerMedia RIDE app now available for U.S. Toyota and Lexus owners
Apr 8, 2021 – Toyota Motor North America and AT&T have announced that when connected to AT&T in-car Wi-Fi, the WarnerMedia RIDE App, featuring a selection of live and on-demand content, is now available for Toyota and Lexus owners.
News categories: Toyota, AT&T, Steve Basra, Joe Mosele, Apps, Digital TV, In-Car, Streaming, USA
CTA and NCTA extend STB energy efficiency agreement to 2025
Apr 6, 2021 – The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and NCTA have announced an extension through 2025 of the Voluntary Agreement for Ongoing Improvement to the Energy Efficiency of Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Noah Horowitz, Jennifer Amann, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Roku launches player line-up for Germany
- 5G Broadcast and DTT can share UHF band and broadcast infrastructure
- SVOD household penetration in Malaysia to reach 27% in 2025
- Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
- Wurl unveils performance marketing service for streamers
- Origin selects Kantar for UK media measurement
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way