Digital TV News: AT&T
HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
Oct 21, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported third-quarter 2021 results. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers increased 12.5 million Y-o-Y and were up 1.9 million sequentially. Vrio subscriber net losses were 178,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, Latin America, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Estrella Media inventory added to Xandr ad sales platform
Oct 5, 2021 – Xandr and Estrella Media have announced that Estrella Media's ad-supported digital inventory is now available to buyers in the Xandr Marketplace. Estrella Media has adopted Xandr's strategic selling platform Xandr Monetize.
News categories: Xandr, Estrella Media, Mike Bagliebter, Brian Fisher, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Xandr introduces premium video inventory catalog
Sep 30, 2021 – Xandr has launched its Premium Video Catalog, providing access to over 1,400 one-to-one video and CTV inventory deals and over 2,500 off-the-shelf audience deals across North America.
News categories: Xandr, Alex Chatfield, Kyle Brennan, Tom Sly, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Xandr brings CTV inventory to market in France
Sep 22, 2021 – Xandr has announced that it will be partnering with multiple CTV apps including Molotov.TV, Clubbing TV and Quincy Jones’ Qwest TV to make CTV inventory available to the French market.
News categories: Xandr, Vincent Soucaret, Stephane Schweitzer, Reza Ackbaraly, Béatrice Leroux Barraux, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Streaming
U.S. video losses slow to 1.5 million in 2Q 2021
Aug 24, 2021 – According to Kagan, subscriber losses at U.S. cable, telco and satellite video service providers in the second quarter of 2021 slowed from the year-ago period to 1.5 million.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
U.S. STB initiative saves consumers $2 billion in energy costs
Aug 23, 2021 – An agreement between the pay TV industry and energy efficiency advocates, led by the CTA, NCTA and CableLabs, has cut energy usage of STBs by more than half in the U.S., since it was established eight years ago.
News categories: NCTA, Consumer Technology Association, Neal Goldberg, Doug Johnson, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,230,000 subscribers in 2Q 2021
Aug 17, 2021 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,230,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2021, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 1,505,000 in 2Q 2020.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
DIRECTV becomes a standalone video business
Aug 5, 2021 – AT&T and TPG have closed their agreement to establish DIRECTV as a separate company. The new company now owns and operates the former AT&T U.S. and Puerto Rico video businesses consisting of satellite, streaming and IP video services.
News categories: DIRECTV, Bill Morrow, Digital TV, MandA, Puerto Rico, Satellite, USA
AT&T premium TV down 473k; Vrio down 239k; HBO up 3.6M video subs in 2Q 2021
Jul 22, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for 2Q 2021. Global HBO Max and HBO subscribers grew by 3.6 million. Total U.S. premium TV connections were down 473,000 in the quarter. Vrio in Latin America lost 239,000 subscribers.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes