Digital TV News: Aasif Iqbal
Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
Mar 3, 2021 – Pay TV revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 2.6% from $2.4bn in 2020 to $2.1bn in 2025 due to a continued drop in Cable TV and DTH subscriptions and revenue, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Pay TV revenues in Korea expected to continue to grow
Dec 22, 2020 – The Pay TV market in South Korea is expected to reach US$7.2bn in 2025, mainly driven by subscription growth in IPTV services as well as in overall pay TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
Nov 27, 2020 – Pay TV revenue in New Zealand is expected to decline at a CAGR of 3.1% between 2020 and 2025 due to loss in cable and DTH subscriptions, declining ARPU, and subscriber preference for OTT platforms, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand
Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
Oct 28, 2020 – Having been fairly resilient against the COVID-19 crisis in 2020, the pay TV market in the Philippines will see its revenue increase from $451.1m in 2020 to $550.0m in 2025, mainly driven by DTH and IPTV segments, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Aasif Iqbal, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Philippines, Satellite
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud
- Univision to launch unified global streaming service
- View TV Group selects CommScope advertising technology
- Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- ATEME doubles encoding performance with Intel processors
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.