Digital TV News: Accedo
Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
Oct 21, 2021 – Accedo has partnered with Nreal to deliver Extended Reality (XR) viewing for video consumers. The partnership enables OTT providers to bring content to Nreal’s lightweight AR glasses.
News categories: Accedo, Nreal, Michael Lantz, Peng Jin, Digital TV, Streaming, VR, Worldwide
Accedo powers Arabic SVOD service from TenTime
Sep 23, 2021 – Accedo has enabled TenTime to expand the availability of content on its SVOD service. The TenTime Connected TV apps were developed using Accedo Elevate, a templated video solution.
News categories: Accedo, TenTime, Michael Lantz, Walid Finan, Apps, Digital TV, Middle-East, Streaming
Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
Sep 14, 2021 – Accedo has launched support for multiple DRM solutions into its Accedo One cloud platform. Accedo One Marketplace already includes integration for OVPs, subscription management platforms, ad servers, and analytics platforms.
News categories: Accedo, Markus Hejdenberg, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Accedo powers Sensical streaming service for kids
Aug 3, 2021 – Accedo has announced its continued partnership with Common Sense Networks to deliver and evolve Sensical, an OTT service with carefully curated and vetted videos for kids ages 2 to 10.
News categories: Accedo, Common Sense Networks, Mrugesh Desai, Eric Berger, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, UX
Accedo supports Telecine Play Smart TV app development
Jun 8, 2021 – Accedo has announced that it worked with Telecine to deploy an updated version of Telecine Play, an SVOD service in Brazil. The updated version will initially be available on Samsung Smart TVs.
News categories: Accedo, Telecine, Fabio Lima, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Accedo supports 'AWS for Media & Entertainment' initiative
Apr 29, 2021 – Accedo is supporting the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative via its Accedo Orchestra video management platform. Accedo Orchestra deploys in the content provider's AWS account, integrating with their existing video pipeline.
News categories: Accedo, AWS, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Accedo launches out-of-the-box sports video solution
Apr 21, 2021 – Accedo has launched an out-of-the-box sports video solution. Accedo Play – Sports enables sports organizations to launch, manage and monetize services with a tailored video-centric fan experience.
News categories: Accedo, Michael Lantz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Streaming, Worldwide
Accedo acquires Hibox
Feb 22, 2021 – Accedo has announced the acquisition of Hibox. Hibox' Aura and Smartroom products will complement Accedo's TV software and video experience solutions. The transaction will be completed in March.
News categories: Accedo, Hibox, Michael Lantz, Staffan Granholm, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
Sep 15, 2020 – Accedo has worked with Watch Brasil on its SVOD service. The video service is exclusively available to Watch Brasil’s roster of ISP clients in Brazil, enabling them to deliver video content to their customers' TVs.
News categories: Accedo, Watch Brasil, Paloma Santucci, Mauricio Almeida, Apps, Brazil, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
- Megacable video subscribers up 59,000 in 3Q 2021
- Beijing Gehua Cable updates infrastructure with ATEME
- Ten million Freeview Play users in the UK
- Thailand pay TV revenues to grow to $1.1bn in 2026
- Cinedigm expands monetization opportunities with TheViewPoint
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030