Digital TV News: Access Advance
Access Advance adds further patent owners
Aug 2, 2022 – Access Advance has announced recent additions to its list of patent owners (i.e., Licensors) participating in the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance announces initial VVC/H.266 video patent pool licensors
Jan 11, 2022 – Access Advance has announced that 28 companies, which together are estimated to account for a substantial percentage of the expected VVC standard essential patent (SEP) landscape, have joined as Licensors of the VVC Advance Patent Pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Microsoft joins HEVC Advance patent pool
Dec 24, 2021 – Access Advance has announced that Microsoft has become a Licensor and Licensee of the HEVC Advance Patent Pool. All of Microsoft's HEVC/H.265 essential patents are now included under the HEVC Advance Patent Pool license.
News categories: Access Advance, Microsoft, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance launches VVC/H.266 video patent pool
Jul 1, 2021 – Access Advance has launched a VVC Advance Patent Pool. VVC provides improvements in video compression of up to 50% over HEVC. A discounted royalty rate is available to licensees of both this and the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
SpotX integrates with Amazon’s Transparent Ad Marketplace
Oct 5, 2017 – SpotX has announced the integration of its header bidding suite with Amazon Publisher Services’ Transparent Ad Marketplace (TAM). The SpotX and TAM integration is a fully server-side approach to video header bidding.
News categories: SpotX, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Buckley, Ken Leeder, Advertising, Worldwide
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022