Digital TV News: Access Advance
Access Advance launches VVC/H.266 video patent pool
Jul 1, 2021 – Access Advance has launched a VVC Advance Patent Pool. VVC provides improvements in video compression of up to 50% over HEVC. A discounted royalty rate is available to licensees of both this and the HEVC Advance patent pool.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
SpotX integrates with Amazon’s Transparent Ad Marketplace
Oct 5, 2017 – SpotX has announced the integration of its header bidding suite with Amazon Publisher Services’ Transparent Ad Marketplace (TAM). The SpotX and TAM integration is a fully server-side approach to video header bidding.
News categories: SpotX, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Buckley, Ken Leeder, Advertising, Worldwide
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, Semiconductor, Streaming
Entone selected by Chequamegon Communications
Aug 26, 2009 – Entone has announced that its Hydra HD™ IP video gateway and Amulet™ HD IPTV receiver have been chosen for Chequamegon Communications' IPTV service rollout. Chequamegon is the largest telephone cooperative in Wisconsin.
News categories: Entone, Chequamegon, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Germany to overtake the UK by SVOD subscribers
- Roku launches OneView ad platform for Canada
- NEXTGEN TV launched on five local TV stations in St. Louis, MO
- Redbox signs distribution agreement with Vewd
- SpringServe first independent ad server to integrate with IRIS.TV
- Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
- Latest Vestel TVs certified for DTS:X immersive audio
- Wiztivi develops UI for Sagemcom Video Soundbox STB
- AlphaOTT partners with STI Telecom for OTT/IPTV headend services
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes