Digital TV News: Access Advance
Access Advance revises HEVC patent license structure
Jun 1, 2021 – Access Advance has announced a new HEVC Advance Platform Pool structure. Licensees will receive an expanded license that includes all HEVC Profiles through Version 7 at the existing Main/Main 10 royalty rates.
News categories: Access Advance, Pete Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance releases draft VVC Licensing Program Overview
Aug 20, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced the release of a draft VVC Licensing Program Overview. The Licensing Program, covering both VVC and HEVC, would establish the Advance Licensing Platform for Video Codecs.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Favourable ruling for TiVo at the ITC
Jun 4, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has received a favorable determination at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that Comcast's X1 platform infringes Rovi’s patents. This is the second favorable ITC determination the Company has received from the ITC.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Digital TV, Patent, USA, UX
SpotX integrates with Amazon’s Transparent Ad Marketplace
Oct 5, 2017 – SpotX has announced the integration of its header bidding suite with Amazon Publisher Services’ Transparent Ad Marketplace (TAM). The SpotX and TAM integration is a fully server-side approach to video header bidding.
News categories: SpotX, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Buckley, Ken Leeder, Advertising, Worldwide
Telecom Italia and Intel announce collaboration for next-generation online TV and internet services
Mar 5, 2010 – Telecom Italia (Milan:TIT) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have announced a collaboration to distribute next-generation online internet and TV services via the open source MeeGo software platform.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Intel Corp, Digital TV, Italy, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor
Entone selected by Chequamegon Communications
Aug 26, 2009 – Entone has announced that its Hydra HD™ IP video gateway and Amulet™ HD IPTV receiver have been chosen for Chequamegon Communications' IPTV service rollout. Chequamegon is the largest telephone cooperative in Wisconsin.
News categories: Entone, Chequamegon, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Vewd offers ATSC 3.0 integration options
- Broadpeak's CDN and Multicast ABR power Megacable's Xview+
- TEGNA selects TVSquared for ad measurement and attribution
- Lünecom deploys IPTV solution from ocilion in Northern Germany
- Gigared chooses Appear to deliver to TVs in Argentina
- Kabelnoord extends service to Samsung and LG TVs with 24i
- First football match broadcast over 5G in Portugal
- HD PLUS operator app available on Samsung Smart TVs in Ghana
- More than 11 million addressable TVs for VIZIO in the U.S.
- Viant ad platform integrates TiVo TV viewership data
- WarnerMedia trials national addressable TV with Comscore
- UK broadcasters launch ad campaign measurement tool
- Síminn creating TV bundles using Red Bee Channel Store
- MetaX launches Smart TV commercialization platform
- Only 20% of streaming subscribers content to stay with providers
- Sky NZ selects Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM cloud service
- Evolution Digital Android TV box selected by TDS Telecom