Digital TV News: Alon Maor
Qwilt partners with Telefónica to provide CDN services in Spain
Mar 22, 2023 – Qwilt has reached an agreement with Telefónica to make Qwilt traffic available to customers that have access to Telefónica's CDN connectivity, enabling an improved experience for end-users in Spain.
News categories: Qwilt, Telefónica, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain
J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
Jan 27, 2023 – Qwilt has announced that J:COM has transformed its video delivery network using Qwilt's Open Caching solution, boosting its network capacity and improving delivery of live streaming, VoD and media applications.
News categories: Qwilt, J:COM, Alon Maor, Jiro Inoue, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, QoE, Streaming
JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
Dec 7, 2022 – Cisco and Qwilt have announced a partnership with Japan Internet Exchange (JPIX) to improve delivery of live streaming, VOD, and media applications across Japan using Qwilt's open caching technology.
News categories: Qwilt, Cisco, JPIX, J-Stream, Alon Maor, Theodore Tzevelekis, Ryosuke Yamazoe, Mayumi Hayasaka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
Vodafone Turkey signs up with Cisco and Qwilt for content delivery
Oct 12, 2022 – Vodafone Turkey has signed an agreement with Cisco and Qwilt to enhance the quality and delivery capacity of its live streaming, VOD, and media applications to approximately 25 million subscribers in Turkey.
News categories: Qwilt, Vodafone Turkey, Cisco, Alon Maor, Levent Gemici, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Turkey
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Qwilt offers unified CDN for NCTC members
Nov 8, 2021 – NCTC and Qwilt have launched an initiative to upgrade NCTC member networks with Qwilt's CDN technology and services. NCTC members that deploy the solution will be federated together into a unified CDN.
News categories: Qwilt, NCTC, Alon Maor, Lou Borrelli, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Verizon deploys Qwilt open caching solution
Nov 14, 2017 – Qwilt has announced that Verizon has chosen Qwilt's Open Caching solution as a content and application delivery platform that will both improve Quality of Experience (QoE) and enable new applications like AR, VR, and 4K Live Streaming.
News categories: Qwilt, Verizon, Alon Maor, Lee Hicks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Qwilt and Limelight to offer integrated caching
Oct 24, 2017 – Qwilt and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that the two companies will together offer integrated caching, by combining Limelight’s global infrastructure with Qwilt’s open caching in ISP networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Limelight Networks, Alon Maor, Ersin Galioglu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin
- BeIN Media and Google Cloud announce media and broadcast collaboration
- Activated STBs grow to 3,166,461 for South Africa's Openview
- Singtel TV subscribers down 6,000 in 1Q 2023
- Orby Elevate selects EUTELSAT for DTH TV distribution in the US
- U.S. SVOD revenues to grow at a 6.3% CAGR over 2022-2027
- Netgem releases trading update
- IPTV to partially offset revenue losses in cable and DTH in Korea
- Player.pl available on Xbox consoles, powered by Redge Media