Digital TV News: Alon Maor
Qwilt CDN technology rolling out to NCTC member networks across the US
Jul 20, 2022 – The NCTC and Qwilt have announced progress on an initiative to create a nationwide federated CDN. As of June 2022, 100+ NCTC members have signed up to deploy this upgrade in their networks, and the program is still open for qualifying members.
News categories: Qwilt, National Cable Television Cooperativ, Alon Maor, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Qwilt offers unified CDN for NCTC members
Nov 8, 2021 – NCTC and Qwilt have launched an initiative to upgrade NCTC member networks with Qwilt's CDN technology and services. NCTC members that deploy the solution will be federated together into a unified CDN.
News categories: Qwilt, NCTC, Alon Maor, Lou Borrelli, Jared Baumann, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Verizon deploys Qwilt open caching solution
Nov 14, 2017 – Qwilt has announced that Verizon has chosen Qwilt's Open Caching solution as a content and application delivery platform that will both improve Quality of Experience (QoE) and enable new applications like AR, VR, and 4K Live Streaming.
News categories: Qwilt, Verizon, Alon Maor, Lee Hicks, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Qwilt and Limelight to offer integrated caching
Oct 24, 2017 – Qwilt and Limelight Networks (Nasdaq: LLNW) have announced that the two companies will together offer integrated caching, by combining Limelight’s global infrastructure with Qwilt’s open caching in ISP networks.
News categories: Qwilt, Limelight Networks, Alon Maor, Ersin Galioglu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Streaming Video Alliance Open Caching trials to begin
Jan 3, 2017 – The Streaming Video Alliance has announced that trials based on recently approved Open Caching Request Routing and HTTPS Delegation Technical Specification are to begin. The trials are the first implementation of open caching systems that incorporate the specification for request routing in ISP networks.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Jason Thibeault, Joe Inzerillo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
- Sky NZ reveals IP-only solution for VodafoneTV customers
- IAB Tech Lab releases updates to SIMID 1.2 and VAST 4.3 for comment
- Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
- MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
- Canadian program drives energy efficiency of new set-top boxes
- Tring selects multiscreen solution from SmartLabs
- TP Vision to be launch partner for DTG DVB-I Test Suite
- beIN sports, iQIYI and TVBAnywhere+ apps now on Astro Ultra Box
- Air Broadband adds Netgem TV to its offer in the UK
- SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
- Share of large panel TVs triples in India to over 40%
- Turk Telekom rolls out IPTV/OTT platform with ZTE
- OKAST powers Endemol France channels on Samsung TV Plus
- CommScope launches HomeVista pre-integrated video solution
- StarHub releases Android TV set-top box with integrated soundbar
- Broadcast and cable show signs of revival in U.S.
- EU proposes new cybersecurity rules for hardware and software products
- Vestel launches 97XX 4K UHD set-top box series
- Telekom and RTL Deutschland use 5G network slicing to broadcast live TV
- Netflix to remain SVOD world leader