Digital TV News: Amino Communications
Amino Technologies becomes Aferian
Jun 21, 2021 – Amino (LSE AIM: AMO) has announced a change to its company name after launching a new strategy to become a software-driven growth business. Amino Technologies plc will be renamed Aferian plc.
News categories: Aferian, Donald McGarva, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Amino acquires 24i Media
Jul 15, 2019 – Amino Communications has announced that it has acquired privately-held 24i. 24i provides the Amino Group with a broader and deeper product set, talented development capability, complementary skills and a greater geographical reach.
News categories: Amino, 24i Media, Donald McGarva, Martijn van Horssen, Digital TV, MandA, UX, Worldwide
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Opera TV provides end-to-end OTT app generator for broadcasters
Jul 14, 2016 – Opera TV has announced the launch of the latest update to its TV app technology, Opera TV Snap 3.0. The latest version brings a complete end-to-end over-the-top (OTT) app generator for broadcasters, content providers, and video on demand (VOD) services.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MCTV selects Amino TV devices and service assurance platform
May 31, 2016 – Amino Communications has secured a contract to provide TV devices and its Engage service assurance software to Ohio-based North American service provider MCTV.
News categories: Amino Communications, MCTV, Donald McGarva, Bob Gessner, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Amino software powers Cincinnati Bell Fioptics TV
Feb 15, 2016 – Amino Communications and Cincinnati Bell have started the migration of Cincinnati Bell’s legacy IPTV devices to Amino’s Enable TV software platform. The upgrade will give Cincinnati Bell Fioptics entertainment customers a rich media interface and advanced applications.
News categories: Amino Communications, Cincinnati Bell, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Amino integrates VUDU service into IPTV platform
Oct 24, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) has announced that it is to integrate VUDU's subscription-free, video-on-demand movie service into its Live Home Media Centre IPTV platform.
News categories: Amino, VUDU, Donald McGarva, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Streaming
Amino and Ittiam team for HEVC demonstration at Telcovision 2013
Oct 24, 2013 – Amino will demonstrate at Telcovision 2013 how network operators can use High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) technology to extend the reach of their IPTV service - and deliver a quality user experience even over low speed broadband connections.
News categories: Amino, Ittiam, Donald McGarva, Dr. Sriram Sethuraman, IPTV, Set Top Box
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Donald McGarva, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, IBC2021, IPTV, Set Top Box
- FAST growing quickly in the U.S. and across the globe
- Antenna Hungária partners with mediaClass to launch advanced DTT service
- Verizon teams up with B&O to launch soundbars with Stream TV built-in
- VIZIO adds AVOD content to its WatchFree+ streaming service
- Cross Screen Media provides access to Roku ad platform
- CIMM to develop Guide to Converged TV Measurement Providers in the U.S.
- Operations of Digi Communications in Hungary acquired by 4iG
- OTT revenues poised to surpass pay TV revenues in MENA by 2024
- Astro Malaysia debuts addressable TV advertising with Synamedia
- Kaltura powers Vodafone TV in Germany
- Roku #1 TV streaming platform in Mexico
- ATEME brings HDR10+ support to live transcoding
- BBC iPlayer arrives on PlayStation 5
- BARB UK adds SVOD and video-sharing platform measurement
- Baltcom strengthens position in Eastern Latvia with Microlines acquisition
- ATSC issues RFP for broadcast core network technologies to enhance ATSC 3.0
- Verimatrix launches cybersecurity solution against video piracy
- Agama and Antecna to provide video monitoring and analysis for m:tel
- ViacomCBS and NENT Group to roll out Pluto TV in the Nordics
- Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius