Digital TV News: Andrea Zappia
Sky to offer pay-DTT in Italy via deal with Mediaset
Mar 30, 2018 – Sky Italia and Mediaset/Rti have signed a dual commercial partnership that will benefit both Sky and Mediaset Premium’s existing customers, while enabling Italian viewers to enjoy Sky via a new DTT service.
News categories: Sky Italia, Mediaset, Andrea Zappia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
Apr 16, 2015 – Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that Sky Italia’s whole offer is now available as 'TIM Sky' to any of its customers that have a fibre-optic connection at 30 to 100 Mbit/s or 20 Mbit/s ADSL.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MandA, Satellite, UK
Sky to be available on Telecom Italia Ultrabroadband network
Apr 10, 2014 – Sky Italia and Telecom Italia have signed an agreement that will allow Telecom Italia customers to access the whole Sky television offer through its ultrabroadband networks, with a My Sky HD decoder specially created for Internet TV.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box
5 Million Italian Families Choose Sky
Oct 7, 2011 – Sky Italia (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has exceeded 5 million customers reaching 15 million people across Italy.
News categories: Sky Italia, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
- TCL launches Roku TV models in the UK
- OTTera powers gTV by Ubisoft channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Globecast, Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming announce end-to-end OTT platform
- Mola chooses Broadpeak CDN for live sports streaming in Indonesia
- NEXTGEN TV Broadcast Collaborative to bring ATSC 3.0 to Washington D.C.
- Ericsson publishes 2021 Mobility Report
- DataMiner manages ARD's Euro 2020 live OTT broadcasts
- Freecaster secures Live and VOD content with BuyDRM
- Conviva publishes first State of Streaming Advertising report
- TiVo signs MobiTV agreement with the NCTC
- KBS selects ATEME broadcast encoders
- Amino working with PCCW Media to renew Now TV UX
- Zappware-powered A1 Xplore TV comes to Fire TV sticks
- SES renews Comcast Technology Solutions distribution agreement
- Riivi chooses Norigin Media for Smart TV app testing
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer for Nintendo Switch
- Elliptic Labs to trial presence detection and gestures for Smart TV
- Carbon Trust releases white paper on CO2 impact of streaming
- ZEE5 to launch in the U.S. on June 22
- Piracy still a major challenge in the Nordics