Digital TV News: Andrea Zappia
Sky to offer pay-DTT in Italy via deal with Mediaset
Mar 30, 2018 – Sky Italia and Mediaset/Rti have signed a dual commercial partnership that will benefit both Sky and Mediaset Premium’s existing customers, while enabling Italian viewers to enjoy Sky via a new DTT service.
News categories: Sky Italia, Mediaset, Andrea Zappia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
Apr 16, 2015 – Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that Sky Italia’s whole offer is now available as 'TIM Sky' to any of its customers that have a fibre-optic connection at 30 to 100 Mbit/s or 20 Mbit/s ADSL.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MandA, Satellite, UK
Sky to be available on Telecom Italia Ultrabroadband network
Apr 10, 2014 – Sky Italia and Telecom Italia have signed an agreement that will allow Telecom Italia customers to access the whole Sky television offer through its ultrabroadband networks, with a My Sky HD decoder specially created for Internet TV.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box
5 Million Italian Families Choose Sky
Oct 7, 2011 – Sky Italia (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has exceeded 5 million customers reaching 15 million people across Italy.
News categories: Sky Italia, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
- WOWOW licenses AI powered transcoder from Ittiam
- Latin America to add 63 million SVOD subscriptions
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- Amagi CLOUDPORTXpress enables linear OTT channel creation
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- ATEME and NPAW offer free QoE analytics to their customers
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online