Digital TV News: Andrea Zappia
MultiChoice to be second syndication partner for Sky Glass
Sep 22, 2022 – Sky has announced that MultiChoice Group (MCG) will become Sky’s second global syndication partner for its Glass offering. MCG will be Sky’s second Glass syndication partner, after Foxtel announced last year.
News categories: Sky, MultiChoice, Andrea Zappia, Calvo Mawela, Digital TV, RDK, Smart TV, South Africa, Streaming
Sky to offer pay-DTT in Italy via deal with Mediaset
Mar 30, 2018 – Sky Italia and Mediaset/Rti have signed a dual commercial partnership that will benefit both Sky and Mediaset Premium’s existing customers, while enabling Italian viewers to enjoy Sky via a new DTT service.
News categories: Sky Italia, Mediaset, Andrea Zappia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Sky Italia and Open Fiber agree long-term deal
Mar 29, 2018 – Sky Italia and Open Fiber have announced a long-term deal to launch a fibre-only service from summer 2019, to drive long-term growth in fibre and Pay-TV services. This fibre-only service will be available alongside Sky’s existing services.
News categories: Sky Italia, Open Fiber, Andrea Zappia, Elisabetta Ripa, Digital TV, Fibre, Italy, Satellite
TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
Apr 16, 2015 – Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that Sky Italia’s whole offer is now available as 'TIM Sky' to any of its customers that have a fibre-optic connection at 30 to 100 Mbit/s or 20 Mbit/s ADSL.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy
Sky completes Sky Italia and Sky Deutschland deals
Nov 13, 2014 – Sky has created Europe’s leading entertainment company after completing the acquisition of Sky Italia and a majority interest in Sky Deutschland. The enlarged group will serve 20 million customers across five countries: Italy, Germany, Austria, the UK and Ireland.
News categories: BSkyB, Jeremy Darroch, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Italy, MandA, Satellite, UK
Sky to be available on Telecom Italia Ultrabroadband network
Apr 10, 2014 – Sky Italia and Telecom Italia have signed an agreement that will allow Telecom Italia customers to access the whole Sky television offer through its ultrabroadband networks, with a My Sky HD decoder specially created for Internet TV.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, Set Top Box
5 Million Italian Families Choose Sky
Oct 7, 2011 – Sky Italia (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has announced that it has exceeded 5 million customers reaching 15 million people across Italy.
News categories: Sky Italia, Italy, Satellite, Subscribers
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC
- Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revenues to triple to $20 billion by 2029
- Tata Elxsi and INVIDI partner on addressable advertising for Pay-TV operators
- Sercomm unveils RDK Video Accelerator STB based on Broadcom BCM72126