Digital TV News: Avail-TVN
Cablemás expands VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™
May 28, 2013 – Conax has announced that Mexican cable operator Cablemás is further expanding their VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™. The platform's Hybrid STBs are being provided by Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Cablemás, Evolution Digital, Cubiware, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Bazuca Chooses Avail-TVN For OTT Video Service In Chile And Across Latin America
Sep 24, 2012 – Avail-TVN has announced that Bazuca launched the next version of its over-the-top (OTT) video service with Avail-TVN. Bazuca is a subsidiary of Chilean cable operator, VTR, a Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) company.
News categories: Avail-TVN, Bazuca, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Cass Cable Switches to MPEG-4 with Avail-TVN
Feb 21, 2012 – Avail-TVN has announced that Cass Cable TV has migrated to the company's MPEG-4 linear television service. Cass Cable's MPEG-2 service has been replaced with a complete, hosted MPEG-4 video solution, including a full bouquet of SD and HD programming.
News categories: Avail-TVN, Cass Cable, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
LIME Chooses Avail-TVN for Caribbean Multiplatform Video Services
Oct 3, 2011 – Avail-TVN has been chosen by Cable & Wireless Communications (LSE: CWC) to provide the AnyView™ multiplatform video service for its Caribbean subsidiary, LIME. The service will launch commercially in Jamaica and Barbados in Q4.
News categories: Avail-TVN, LIME, Cable & Wireless, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica
Espial Partners with Conklin-Intracom to Upgrade IPTV Service for Oneida Telephone Exchange
Dec 9, 2010 – Espial has announced that they have partnered with Conklin-Intracom to upgrade the IPTV system for Oneida Telephone Exchange. Oneida Telephone Exchange provides triple play services to the City of Oneida, Illinois and its rural areas.
News categories: Espial, Conklin-Intracom, Oneida Telephone Exchange, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, USA, VR
Avail-TVN Announces First Cable MSO Customer for MPEG-4 Video Services
Feb 22, 2010 – Through an agreement with Evolution Digital, the systems integrator, and provider of Conax conditional access and low cost set-top boxes for the project, Zito Media will deploy Avail-TVN's MPEG-4 solution across 10 cable systems.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Zito Media, Avail-TVN, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, USA
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025