Digital TV News: Avail-TVN
Cablemás expands VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™
May 28, 2013 – Conax has announced that Mexican cable operator Cablemás is further expanding their VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™. The platform's Hybrid STBs are being provided by Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Cablemás, Evolution Digital, Cubiware, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Bazuca Chooses Avail-TVN For OTT Video Service In Chile And Across Latin America
Sep 24, 2012 – Avail-TVN has announced that Bazuca launched the next version of its over-the-top (OTT) video service with Avail-TVN. Bazuca is a subsidiary of Chilean cable operator, VTR, a Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) company.
News categories: Avail-TVN, Bazuca, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Cass Cable Switches to MPEG-4 with Avail-TVN
Feb 21, 2012 – Avail-TVN has announced that Cass Cable TV has migrated to the company's MPEG-4 linear television service. Cass Cable's MPEG-2 service has been replaced with a complete, hosted MPEG-4 video solution, including a full bouquet of SD and HD programming.
News categories: Avail-TVN, Cass Cable, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
LIME Chooses Avail-TVN for Caribbean Multiplatform Video Services
Oct 3, 2011 – Avail-TVN has been chosen by Cable & Wireless Communications (LSE: CWC) to provide the AnyView™ multiplatform video service for its Caribbean subsidiary, LIME. The service will launch commercially in Jamaica and Barbados in Q4.
News categories: Avail-TVN, LIME, Cable & Wireless, Barbados, Caribbean, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Jamaica
Espial Partners with Conklin-Intracom to Upgrade IPTV Service for Oneida Telephone Exchange
Dec 9, 2010 – Espial has announced that they have partnered with Conklin-Intracom to upgrade the IPTV system for Oneida Telephone Exchange. Oneida Telephone Exchange provides triple play services to the City of Oneida, Illinois and its rural areas.
News categories: Espial, Conklin-Intracom, Oneida Telephone Exchange, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
CableLabs® Publishes First 3D Content Encoding Specification
Sep 1, 2010 – CableLabs® has announced that it has published a new specification for stereoscopic 3D programming. This new specification, called Content Encoding Profiles 3.0 Specification (OC-SP-CEP3.0-I01-100827), can be found on the CableLabs website.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, USA, VR
Avail-TVN Announces First Cable MSO Customer for MPEG-4 Video Services
Feb 22, 2010 – Through an agreement with Evolution Digital, the systems integrator, and provider of Conax conditional access and low cost set-top boxes for the project, Zito Media will deploy Avail-TVN's MPEG-4 solution across 10 cable systems.
News categories: Evolution Broadband, Zito Media, Avail-TVN, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Set Top Box, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA