Digital TV News: BBC
Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
Sep 20, 2023 – Barb has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on BVOD, SVOD and video-sharing services plus viewing on PCs, tablets and smartphones.
News categories: Barb, Jim Jarrett, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
Sep 18, 2023 – Britain's broadcasters are developing a free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband. Set for launch in 2024, the Freely service will be built-in to the next generation of smart TVs.
News categories: Everyone TV, Jonathan Thompson, Tim Davie, Dame Carolyn McCall, Alex Mahon, Maria Kyriacou, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, UK
Pixalate introduces Apple TV CTV trends report
Sep 14, 2023 – Pixalate has introduced the Apple TV CTV Trends Report Q2 2023, analyzing Apple TV's position in the CTV device landscape and the open programmatic advertising marketplace.
News categories: Pixalate, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
Brightcove powers AVOD streaming at In The Black Network
Sep 7, 2023 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has been selected by In The Black Network (ITBN) to deliver its AVOD content globally. The streaming service is expected to launch this October.
News categories: Brightcove, In The Black Network, Marc DeBevoise,, James DuBose, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Report from ETSI highlights synergies between DVB-I and 5G
Aug 28, 2023 – A Technical Report released by ETSI (TR 103 972 v1.1.1) describes how DVB-I can provide a service layer for any IP-based system, including 5G Media Streaming and 5G Broadcast.
News categories: DVB Project, 5G-MAG, ETSI, Frédéric Gabin, Thomas Stockhammer, Richard Bradbury, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Worldwide
Ofcom publishes latest Media Nations research
Aug 3, 2023 – Ofcom has published research looking at the media habits and preferences of people in the UK. Take-up of SVOD services has stalled with subscriptions plateauing at about 66% of households.
News categories: Ofcom, Broadcast, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, UK
Brightcove to power video streaming for Yahoo Inc.
Jul 31, 2023 – Yahoo is to integrate Brightcove's (NASDAQ: BCOV) technology platform across its portfolio of digital properties, powering the media and tech company's video streaming from end to end.
News categories: Brightcove, Yahoo Inc, Marc DeBevoise, Matt Sanchez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.2
Jul 31, 2023 – Sky has rolled out new features to Entertainment OS, the Sky Glass and Sky Stream operating system that keeps getting smarter, as Entertainment OS 1.2 is made available on its devices.
News categories: Sky, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, UK, UX
Movistar relaunches Movistar Plus+ with new streaming TV service
Jul 21, 2023 – Movistar has relaunched Movistar Plus+, with an enhanced TV service that will be available to its miMovistar customers and will also be accessible, regardless of operator, in OTT mode.
News categories: Movistar Plus, Digital TV
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming