Digital TV News: BBC
discovery+ launches in MENA with STARZPLAY
Jan 6, 2021 – Discovery has announced a partnership with STARZPLAY to launch discovery+ across MENA. STARZPLAY subscribers can now watch discovery+ in a dedicated branded area on all STARZPLAY platforms.
News categories: STARZPLAY, Discovery, Inc, Maaz Sheikh, Kasia Kieli, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Discovery and Vodafone announce discovery+ streaming partnership
Jan 4, 2021 – Discovery and Vodafone have are to collaborate on making discovery+ available to Vodafone subscribers in 12 markets across Europe. The partnership covers both Vodafone's TV and mobile customers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Vodafone, David Zaslav, Kasia Kieli, Ahmed Essam, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, UK
Amazon Prime Video to launch on Sky; NOW TV on Fire TV
Dec 14, 2020 – Sky and Amazon have announced a partnership that sees Prime Video launch on Sky and NOW TV devices across Europe, while the NOW TV and Sky Ticket apps will also come to Fire TV devices.
News categories: Sky, Amazon, Stephen van Rooyen, Jay Marine, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
Dec 2, 2020 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced the launch of discovery+, its non-fiction streaming service, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021. The service will launch with a partnership with Verizon. Global rollout has already begun.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Verizon, David Zaslav, JB Perrette, Ronan Dunne, Digital TV, India, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Switzerland
Freeview and Vestel sign new 5-year partnership
Nov 10, 2020 – Freeview UK has renewed its contract with Vestel for a further five years. The deal means that the Freeview Play service will be not just present, but have prominence on all new Vestel manufactured TV sets.
News categories: Freeview, Vestel, Simon Hunt, Barış Altınkaya, Digital TV, HbbTV, Licensing, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Virgin Media launches Horizon-powered TV platform in the UK
Nov 10, 2020 – Virgin Media has announced its new TV platform, Virgin TV 360. The advanced TV line-up includes a Mini box, new TV remote with voice control and smart features which offer an integrated, voice activated and personalised service.
News categories: Virgin Media, David Bouchier, Annie Brooks, Cable TV, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, UK
Azuri announces 'always on' PAYG solar TV for Kenya
Nov 4, 2020 – Azuri Technologies has announced its latest generation of PayGo solar powered TV, the TV400. The product combines a solar power system with a 32" TV, allowing all day viewing as well as for at least 10 hours at night.
News categories: Azuri Technologies, Simon Bransfield-Garth, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite, Smart TV
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product
- LG announces 2021 NEXTGEN TVs
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers unchanged YoY at 7.35 million
- Nordic consumers’ media spend unaffected by the pandemic
- Amazon launches mobile-only video plan in India
- VUALTO event orchestration and DRM chosen for ITV Hub VOD delivery
- Nielsen now tracking premium theatrical films on VOD platforms
- rlaxx TV now available on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- SK Broadband selects NAGRA forensic watermarking for IPTV STBs
- 24i integrates Float Left Roku framework with its app platform
- Survey shows 27% of U.S. households plan to cut cable TV in 2021
- Cellnex Telecom selects Intertrust DRM for LOVEStv
- Synamedia integrates security and watermarking with Akamai
- Five-year CAGR of 1.1% for pay-TV revenues in Thailand