Digital TV News: BitRouter
BitRouter completes successful trials of ZapperBox M1 ATSC receiver
Oct 19, 2022 – BitRouter has concluded successful beta trials of its ZapperBox M1 ATSC 3.0 and 1.0 receiver, covering NEXTGEN TV markets in the US as well as Jamaica. The company is shipping the latest version of its ATSC3pak software with each ZapperBox.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Jamaica, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
BitRouter ATSC3pak for Android to power ZapperBox M1 4K OTA receiver
Apr 24, 2022 – BitRouter has announced that its ATSC3pak for Android decoding software will power the ZapperBox M1 converter box. ATSC3pak includes BitRouter's implementation of ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0, which is available for both Android and Linux.
News categories: BitRouter, ZapperBox, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Set Top Box, USA
BitRouter announces Android version of its ATSC 3.0 software
Jan 5, 2022 – BitRouter has announced the availability of an Android app version of its ATSC 3.0 software at CES 2022. The app, called ATV, can be ported to any Android device that supports ATSC tuners and a Dolby AC-4 certified SoC.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, Android TV, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX
BitRouter announces ATSC 3.0 receiver based on Raspberry Pi
Jan 11, 2021 – BitRouter has announced the availability of 3pi, an ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver based on the Raspberry Pi platform, for automotive and distance learning applications where HDMI output is not required.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, CES2023, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
Pearl TV and Phoenix Model Market announce 2021 NEXTGEN TV plans
Jan 7, 2021 – Pearl TV and the Phoenix Model Market partners have announced a push this year that will initiate ATSC 3.0 services in nearly 20 more cities by the end of the summer.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, CES2023, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance creates three working groups
Dec 17, 2020 – The NextGen Video Information Systems Alliance, a coalition driving the definition and realization of ATSC 3.0 technology, has announced the addition of four new members and the formation of three new specialized working groups.
News categories: NVISA, Edward Czarnecki, Sang Jin Yoon, Tim Bischoff, Mike Snyder, Fred Engel, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Korea, USA
BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
Oct 21, 2020 – BitRouter has added features such as auto software updates, ability to hide unwanted channels and additive channel scan to its ATSC3pro receiver. Plus, the grid guide UI has been enhanced with new info bar visualizations.
News categories: BitRouter, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Middleware, USA
ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
Oct 19, 2020 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSC 3.0 solution has been deployed by Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast to as aprt of their Network Function Virtualization, cloud-hosted, Broadcast Internet service.
News categories: ENENSYS, Richard Lhermitte, Greg Herman, Jacques Le Mancq, Jae Park, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast virtualize NextGen TV Broadcast Internet
Oct 9, 2020 – Spectrum Evolution and VSatcast have implemented a Network Function Virtualization (NFV), cloud-hosted, Broadcast Internet service - a step towards the deployment of the broadcast component of a 5G network.
News categories: ENENSYS, Broadpeak, Alticast, BitRouter, Richard Lhermitte, Jacques Le Mancq, Jae Park, Gopal Miglani, ATSC 3, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM
- AWS Clean Rooms launched
- Prime Video heads Parks Associates list of top U.S. SVOD services
- VIDAA brings football to Google TV and Android TV
- Deloitte predicts ads on all streaming services
- Hybrid AVOD/SVOD to drive major subscription platforms
- Consumer VR shipments in China to approach 7 million units in 2026