Digital TV News: Broadpeak
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Austria's Magenta Telekom launches Magenta TV with Broadpeak
Mar 9, 2022 – Magenta Telekom is using a Cloud PVR solution from Broadpeak to deliver its streaming service, Magenta TV. With the solution, Magenta Telekom is able to deliver live, VOD, Cloud PVR, catch-up TV, time-shift TV, and other advanced services.
News categories: Broadpeak, Magenta Telekom, Jacques Le Mancq, Christian Jaros, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
Verimatrix launches security platform for content, apps and devices
Feb 15, 2022 – Verimatrix (Paris: VMX) has launched its Verimatrix Secure Delivery Platform, a cloud ecosystem that combines cybersecurity and anti-piracy services, for media companies, content owners, streaming media providers and broadcast operators.
News categories: Verimatrix, Asaf Ashkenazi, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
QXC Communications launches MDU streaming service with NAGRA
Jan 11, 2022 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that QXC Communications has selected NAGRA's U.S. Streaming Solution to enable the replacement of its legacy video offering with a fully-featured streaming service for the multi-dwelling unit (MDU) market.
News categories: NAGRA, QXC Communications, Nancy Goldberg, John Von Stein, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
Broadpeak multicast ABR optimizes live sports OTT delivery for TIM
Jan 11, 2022 – Broadpeak has announced that TIM is optimizing live sports OTT delivery with a multicast ABR (mABR) solution from Broadpeak. Using the solution, TIM is delivering live third-party sports content to subscribers with improved QoE.
News categories: Broadpeak, CVE, TIM, Jacques Le Mancq, Luca Catalano, Crescenzo Micheli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Streaming
Iskon launches OTT service in Croatia with Beenius
Nov 24, 2021 – Iskon Internet has launched an OTT service in Croatia based on the Beenius Android TV Operator Tier solution. Support from the Beenius team allowed Iskon to start with an IPTV solution and evolve with Android TV to an OTT service.
News categories: Beenius, Iskon, Filip Remškar, Krešimir Madunović, Android TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
Broadpeak cancels in-person participation at IBC
Nov 19, 2021 – Broadpeak has taken the decision to withdraw its in-person participation at IBC2021 following announcements from the Dutch government imposing a partial lockdown in Amsterdam and from the IBC to move forward with the event.
News categories: Broadpeak, Jacques Le Mancq, COVID-19, Digital TV, IBC2022, Netherlands, Worldwide
Broadpeak and Enghouse power MCTV video streaming service
Nov 2, 2021 – Broadpeak and Enghouse have joined forces to optimize MCTV's video streaming service, MCTV Stream. MCTV will use Broadpeak's CDN, Cache Servers and Origin Packager alongside Enghouse's EspialTV managed IPTV solution.
News categories: Broadpeak, Enghouse, MCTV, Jacques Le Mancq, Mick McCluskey, Katherine Gessner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TIM deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops
Sep 8, 2021 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the deployment of Android TV set-top boxes at TIM, providing Italian households with access to premium services offered by broadcasters and OTT providers.
News categories: Technicolor, Broadpeak, TIM, Mercedes Pastor, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022